Shawn's demon ash-holes try to decide what to eat. Maybe some sludge from the inside of shoes that you don't wear socks with?
Tropes in this episode include:
- Alien Lunch: The various food choices the demons propose are all gross, inedible things ranging from scalding-hot chowder to the contents of vacuums to a live baby, and Shawn threatens to feed them a nice roast chicken if they can't decide quickly.Gayle: I just saw a completely overflowing toilet.Bambadjan: I won't eat anything that didn't scream for its life when it died.
- Call-Back: Gayle considers sharing a whole baby with the table. In "Existential Crisis", Eleanor asked Michael if they could get him a baby to eat to make him feel better.
- Eats Babies: Gayle suggests a baby as a snack for the group to share.
- Eating Optional: Gayle asks why they're even trying to order dinner in the first place, pointing out that they subsist on the suffering of humans.
- Grossout Show: Downplayed as it's all verbal, but it's clear most of the humor is from the grotesque things they eat.
- Gorn: Offscreen and Played for Laughs. When the lava monster asks where Evil Zumba was moved to, Bambadjan tells him that it was moved next to Conference Room E past 12 different blood-fountains.
- Put Off Their Food: In contrast to the bizarre and disgusting Bad Place delicacies the demons salivate over, Glenn's appetite is spoiled by Shawn's threat of a roasted chicken.
- Take That!: