Eleanor avoids suspicion in the aftermath of the chaos, and Michael fears he has failed in his first big project. Tahani organizes a clean up day, but anyone who volunteers will miss out on the opportunity to learn how to fly. Chidi agrees to teach Eleanor ethics and how to be a good person, and requires her to volunteer in the cleanup efforts. She does, but then hides the trash to go flying after all, causing a trash storm to occur. Chidi loses faith in her. That night, Eleanor feels guilty and cleans the neighborhood herself; Chidi sees her and agrees to continue to help her. Later, a note is slipped under Eleanor's door, warning her that whoever wrote this knows that she doesn't belong in The Good Place. Flashbacks to Eleanor's life show that she habitually shirked the responsibility of acting as a designated driver.
- Africa Is a Country: Discussed when Chidi checks to see if Eleanor was paying attention during his introduction to her by asking her if she remembers what country he's from.Eleanor: Is it racist if I say Africa?
Chidi: Yes, and Africa is not a country; I am from Senegal.
- Bait-and-Switch Accusation: Michael tells Eleanor that he knows what she did. She thinks she is found out but Michael only noticed her cleaning up the entire neighborhood by herself.
- Better Than Sex: Apparently, flying feels like 50 million simultaneous orgasms. But better.
- Eat the Evidence: In a flashback, Eleanor cheats at a draw for the designated driver by not putting a chit with her own name in the hat. When one of her coworkers asks her to prove the draw is not rigged by showing them the chit with her name on it, Eleanor responds by swallowing all of the chits.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: Just after Eleanor promises she won't let Chidi down, Janet shows up with a bag of foul-smelling trash that Eleanor asked her to dump in Antonio's house. Eleanor unconvincingly denies ever having done any such thing.
- The Internet Is for Porn: Eleanor asks Janet if she would tell Michael any of her requests and Janet says that they are all 100% confidential. She then asks what kind of porn she wants, thinking that she was going to ask for porn and anticipating that need, when really Eleanor was just going to ask for clothes.
- It's All About Me: Chidi gives Eleanor a "The Reason You Suck" Speech, noting how self-centered she is.
- Kick the Dog: Literally and Played for Laughs. Michael kicks a random dog into the sun because he thinks it's the glitch that's ruining his neighborhood. Seconds later it turns out that it really did belong to someone.
- Rain of Something Unusual: When Eleanor shirks picking up garbage, trash suddenly starts raining from the sky.
- Wants a Prize for Basic Decency: Eleanor gets Chidi a present at the end of the episode: she remembers the name of the country he was raised in, and acts like this is an accomplishment.