The attack on the Magma titan has devastating consequences for two kingdoms. In his letter, Harrow shares a lie, a secret and a wish for the princes.
Tropes in this episode include:
- Combination Attack: How the titan is ultimately defeated: Sarai leaps off of Amaya's shield, then uses the height as a vantage point from which to aim her spear into the Magma titan's heart, killing it.
- Cycle of Revenge: Avizandum killed Sarai, Annika and Neha to avenge the Magma titan she slew. Avizandum was then killed out of revenge for Sarai's death, which in turn prompted the Moonshadow elves to assassinate King Harrow.
- Dead Man Writing: Callum reads King Harrow's last letter to him, written on Harrow's assassination day. One big message was, "I ask you and your brother to reject history as a narrative of strength, and instead have faith that it can be a narrative of love."
- Emotions vs. Stoicism: Viren uses a powerful story to make an emotional appeal to Queen Anya. While she is moved, she is able to look at it objectively and decide that it's still not worth helping him.
- Hypocritical Humor: Villads remarks on the strangeness of Rayla's name. Rayla claims that her parents had odd taste in names... and pointedly calls him "Villads with a silent 'd.'"Villads: 'Tis fair.
- Idiot Ball: Viren tries to help the queens fight Avizandum using his magic. Not only do they die anyway, but his sacrifice would have doomed both kingdoms because only he could perform the spell. Sarai dies in the process of saving him.
- Granted, he seemed to be trying to give the Queens time to escape, and they it failed because they tried to use it as an opportunity to attack Thunder.
- Magma Man: The Magma titan.
- Origins Episode: This episode explains what happened to Queen Sarai, why humans killed the Dragon King, and why the human kingdoms are in conflict with Xadia.
- The Reveal: Queen Sarai was killed by Avizandum when she bought Viren time to escape.
- Rock Monster: The Magma titan is a hulking giant made of rocks and lava, but it only attacked Harrow's expedition party out of self-defense.