The gang celebrates Thanksgiving in different ways. Bernadette, Raj, and Emily strong-arm Howard into volunteering at the soup kitchen, where he meets one of his heroes. Sheldon, unable to find someone to go to the aquarium with, asks Amy to go as friends. They have a nice time, making Amy re-think their breakup. Leonard and Penny prepare for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Sheldon asks Amy point-blank if she's had coitus with any of the men she's been seeing.
- The Atoner : Leonard, when he accidentally reveals he read Penny's journal.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Leonard is surprisingly hot in Penny's orange negligee.I'm a naughty carrot!
- Brief Accent Imitation: Howard takes Raj's iPhone and asks Siri to show him "naked Grandma butts." Raj says that Siri only responds to his voice, so Howard asks again imitating Raj's accent. It works.
- The Cameo: Elon Musk.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Played with. Raj makes some comment about dishes as meditation, and Howard makes fun of him.Just because you have that accent, it doesn't mean what you say isn't stupid.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Emily asks Bernadette if they're close enough... By contrast, Penny doesn't know Leonard's birthday.
- Fun Size: Howard describes Bernadette as "basically a carry-on."
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Amy says this directly to Sheldon.
- Negative Continuity: A very mild example. Sheldon says if he had a pair of shorts, he'd wear them. In Season One, he does wear shorts in one episode. Perhaps he got rid of them in the interim.
- Never Live It Down: In-Universe. Leonard points out that the odds of letting Penny forget her lack of knowledge are zero.
- Not What It Looks Like: To make up for reading her diary, Leonard puts on Penny's orange lingerie so she can post a picture of it. She refuses and he tries to coax her by playfully dancing in front of her. And that's when the others come through the door.
- Secret Diary: Leonard has been reading Penny's.
- Squick:Invoked when Sheldon learns that the hagfish can create enough mucus in a minute to fill a bucket.Sheldon: Makes its own gravy, it'll slide right down.
- Thanksgiving Episode