It's Amy's birthday, and Sheldon deliberates what to give her, with some help from an old friend. Leonard, Raj, and Howard try to decide what to do with an extra ticket to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Sheldon's three choices for Amy's birthday present are: 1)play harp with the Los Angeles Philarmonic (which he isn't even sure is possible); 2) take her to a wool festival in Wisconsin (or rather, let her go since he wouldn't be going); and 3) have coitus.
- Batman Grabs a Gun: When the server to buy Star Wars tickets is down, Sheldon resorts to what he considers desperate measures: he prays.
- The Cameo: Bob Newhart in his recurring role as Professor Proton. Also Wil Wheaton takes the extra ticket.
- Character Development: The fact that Sheldon is willing to start having sex with Amy shows how far he's come with being intimate with others.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The scenes of the guys watching The Force Awakens directly mirror those of Sheldon and Amy before and after having sex.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Professor Proton, in Jedi robes, tries to run himself through with a light saber when Sheldon asks him about sex with Amy.Proton: Worth a shot.
- Fandom Rivalry: Invoked when Wil Wheaton gets booed when he attends the Star Wars screening dressed as Spock.
- The Gadfly: Wil arrives at the theater in a Spock costume and tells a detractor to "Live long and suck it."
- A Glass in the Hand: Penny's glass shatters in her hand when Sheldon mentions wanting to have sex with Amy.
- Sex God: Sheldon and Amy's first time together is implied to have lasted at least the entire length of Star Wars: Episode VII with Amy acting VERY pleased with the experience.
- Shout-Out: To Star Wars and also Star Trek. Also the fandom.
- Special Edition Title: The episode opens on a parody of the Star Wars Opening Scroll. It doesn't replace the regular title sequence, however, which runs soon after.
- Super OCD: It turns out that when Sheldon is knocking on the door, he can't come in if the wrong person answers.Sheldon: (knock, knock, knock) Penny, (knock, knock, knock) Penny, (knock, knock, knock) Penny.
Bernadette: (whispering to Penny) What happens if I say "Come in"?
Penny: (whispering to Bernie) Eh, find out.
Bernadette: Come in! (audience laughter)
Sheldon: [beat] (knock, knock, knock) Bernadette, (knock, knock, knock) Bernadette, (knock, knock, knock) Bernadette. (more audience laughter)
Penny: Come in! (even more laughter!)
Sheldon: [beat] Keep it up; I've got nowhere else to be. (still more laughter)
Bernadette: Just come in!
Sheldon: For future reference if I wanna watch Mean Girls, I'll just stream it on Netflix.
- Their First Time: An unusual case, in that Sheldon and Amy are adults in their thirties, not teenagers.
- Trailers Always Spoil: To a point. The "big one" has been hyped for several weeks prior to air.
- Wham Line: When Sheldon is listing out gift options for Amys birthday:Penny: Okay, well, what's the third option?
Sheldon: That I have coitus with her.