The Junior Professor Solution is an episode from the 8th season of The Big Bang Theory.
Sheldon (begrudgingly) becomes the professor for a graduate-level physics course at CalTech but nobody enrolls because they find him arrogant and unpleasant. Howard offers to take up the class, but even he can't stand Sheldon either.
- Accidental Aiming Skills: Howard is very impressed that he managed to get a spitball right into Sheldon's mouth.Howard: Is that going to be on the test? Because I don't think I can do it again!
- And Your Reward Is Edible: In the end, the guys agree not to challenge each other's intellectual superiority anymore and play a science-related pop quiz where the (first) winner gets candy.
- Attack the Mouth: In a downplayed example, Howard shoots a spitball at Sheldon, who just happens to turn around at that very moment and it goes straight into his mouth. Naturally, it doesn't hurt him, but he does freak out about having Howard's spit inside him.
- Continuity Nod: Sheldon plans to bring some Fig Newtons to class just so he can point out that they're not named after Isaac Newton before throwing them away so that no one can eat them. Sheldon pointed out the same thing back in Season Three's "The Gorilla Experiment".
- Hard on Soft Science: The main conflict here is Sheldon thinking that Howard isn't smart enough to take his class because he's just an engineer.
- Interspecies Romance: Sheldon brings up Joseph Stalin tried creating half-ape half-man warriors by impregnating human women with gorillas. While everyone else finds this fascinating and adds in their own input onto this trivia, Penny while eating is disgusted of hearing this.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Sheldon gets all of Howard's relatively difficult questions all related to engineering correct.
- Sadist Teacher: Sheldon when he gets Howard as a student only wants to psychologically attack Howard and try to get him to admit that he's not as adept in physics as Sheldon. Howard retaliates by singing loudly, shooting a spitball into Sheldon's mouth and finally quitting Sheldon's class.