The Comic Book Store Regeneration is the 15th episode of the 8th season of The Big Bang Theory.
Main Plot: Howard argues with Stuart over moving in his mother's furniture into the comic book store, which Stuart has rebooted after he nearly closed it down due to poor sales.
Secondary Plot: Penny gets angry when she discovers Amy was comparing her intelligence to chimpanzees.
- As Himself: Nathan Fillion, although he pretends to be someone else who is mistaken for Nathan Fillion to throw off Leonard and Raj.
- Berserk Button: Penny goes absolutely berserk when she realized that Amy and Sheldon think she could be dumber than a chimp.
- Bittersweet Ending: Wolowitzs mother passes away but her death made everyone stop fighting with each other, and they fondly remember her like a loving person, a mother to them all.
- Character Death: Mrs. Wolowitz. Howard's mother passes away from poor health.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Everything's Better with Chimps. As a biologist, Amy compares human intelligence to that of chimpanzee intelligence because it turns out that chimps have had better success in short-term memory tests than humans have. She manipulates Penny into taking intelligence tests to see if chimps or humans are, on average, more capable.
- Flipping the Bird: Penny has one for Amy, and it's "inside this puzzle box."
- Humanity Is Superior: Penny thinks humans are automatically better than chimps at everything just because she doesn't want to be compared to a chimp.
- Hypocritical Humor: Penny has been teaching Sheldon how to let go of anger, but she clearly isn't taking her own advice when she finds out Amy had been testing her against chimpanzees, as Sheldon helpfully points out.
- Insane Troll Logic: Penny thinks it's offensive to compare people to chimps. In reality, humans and chimpanzees (in addition to bonobos) have 98 to 99% of their DNA in common. Also, chimpanzees were able to perform better than human subjects in memory tests such as quick 9 one-digit number memorization.
- Lightbulb Joke: Sheldon tells one to Amy.Sheldon: How many Edisons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Amy: How many?
Sheldon: None, because he stole the idea for the lightbulb and doesn't deserve his own joke.note
- Pet the Dog: Sheldon usually takes every opportunity to belittle Howard, but when it's revealed that Mrs. Wolowitz died, he actually has some touching words of encouragement for him.Sheldon: When I lost my own father, I didn't have any friends to help me through it. But you do.
- Wham Line:Howard: My mom died.
- When Life Gives You Lemons...: Invoked.Sheldon: That's all you have, tired expressions like "Don't sweat it" and "Let it go"? Gee, Penny, I have a bunch of lemons, what shall I do with them?
Penny: You could shove them up somewhere.
Sheldon: See? Now you're being creative.