Penny and Sheldon find their relationships with Leonard and Amy accelerating too fast. Meanwhile, Raj looks after Howard's mother while he and Bernadette are out of town, but begins getting crept out by her mothering him.
- Book-Ends: At the beginning, Sheldon spoils Harry Potter for Leonard. At the end, it's The Walking Dead.
- Sheldon has no issue spoiling something for someone else, and when Leonard calls him out on it he believes Leonard is once again whining over nothing, even though Leonard points out that if something like that happened to Sheldon he would "bitch about it for weeks".
- Penny filibusters in telling Leonard that she's not ready for him to move in to her room. But then she calls out Sheldon for not telling off Amy sooner that he doesn't want Amy living in his room either.
- My Beloved Smother: Mrs. Wolowitz extends this treatment to Raj.Mrs. Wolowitz: I drew you a bath!
Raj: [on the phone with Howard] Oh, my God! She's not going to bathe me, is she?
Howard: I wish I could tell you no.
- Never My Fault: Sheldon blames everyone but himself for his troubles in this episode (as usual). After spoiling a Harry Potter book for Leonard, even though the same thing would upset himself, he dismisses Leonard's anger as more nagging and claims Leonard is the annoying one among them. He is shocked when Leonard decides to move out and when he wants him back so Amy won't move in he claims that he forgives Leonard for his outburst instead of apologizing. He later blames Penny for giving Leonard somewhere to go and Amy an excuse to move in with him, calling her a "homewrecker" and begging her to kick Leonard out when she says she doesn't want to live with him yet. When Sheldon tries to tell Amy she can't live with him he chickens out when she starts screaming and once again blames Penny, only for Penny to point out the real reason to Amy is simply because he doesn't want to live with her. He may have at least realized some of it was his fault by the end, when he accidentally spoils an episode of The Walking Dead for Leonard and attempts to cover it up.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Sheldon spoiling the big reveal on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the death of Dumbledore) is what sets Leonard off; it was the Last Straw after years of putting up with his selfish behavior.
- Shout-Out: Penny compares Leonard and Sheldon to Bert and Ernie. "You guys even teach me about numbers and stuff."
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: Amy does this when Sheldon tells her she can't live with him, even though she has done everything perfectly so far.Amy: I did everything just the way you like it.
Sheldon: You did.
Amy: THEN WHAT THE HELL SHELDON!? We have been going out for over two years, and I have been nothing but patient with you.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Penny and Sheldon want Leonard and Amy respectively out of their rooms and go back to the old ways when it was Leonard and Sheldon together. At the end, Amy becomes this trope to Penny.