When Sheldon and Kripke are forced to work on a project together, Sheldon is dismayed to learn that Kripke's research has surpassed his own. Meanwhile, Raj and Howard buy a 3-D printer to make themselves action figures.
- Bastard Boyfriend: Howard for spending Bernadette's hard-earned money on 3-D printer dolls of themselves, without asking Bernadette for her consent.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick:
Sheldon: Penny, all my life I have been uncomfortable with the sort of physical contact that comes easily to others - handshaking, hugging, prostate exams...
- Character Development: Sheldon reflects on how ever since he's met Amy, he's been trying to engage in more intimate contact, and admits that their relationship could become physical at some time.
- A Fool and His New Money Are Soon Parted: The primary trope concerning Howard's subplot. To save his marriage to Bernadette, Howard sells Raj his half of the 3-D printer to recoup his loss of $2,500.
- Full-Name Ultimatum:
Leonard: Sheldon Lee Cooper, I do not have time for this nonsense! Now go put your clothes on, get in the car, and let's go to work!
Sheldon: All right, geez! What a grouch.
Leonard: How did I do that? I gotta remember how I did that.
- Here We Go Again!: After Howard learns his lesson not to throw away his wife's money on 3-D printers which of course to him and Bernadette is a luxury, not a necessity, Raj asks why he's not eating lunch in the CalTech cafeteria. Howard claimed he blew all his lunch allowance on Pokemon cards.
- Off-Model: The action figures that Howard and Raj ordered for themselves didn't turn out as they had hoped. Raj's is too dark skinned (more precisely, it came out African-American when Raj is Indian), and Howard's has too big of a nose (though even without the nose, Howard's model was fairly inaccurate).
Ooh, I'm not dark chocolate! I'm melt-in-your-mouth caramel! Howard:
Oh, man! Look at my nose! Leonard:
Maybe it's a shipping problem. Howard:
Yeah. Maybe Wesley Snipes
and Toucan Sam just got action figures that look like you guys.
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: Bernadette is not pleased to hear that Howard and Raj bought a $5000 3-D printer and divided up the cost amongst themselves. As a consequence, Howard is removed from their joint account and Raj agrees to cover the entire cost of the printer himself.