In the finale of season five, with Howard's launch date moved up, he and Bernadette decide to get married before he leaves. However, a quick trip to City Hall fails, so their friends decide to become ministers via online certificate.
- Altar the Speed: Since Howard is scheduled to go up earlier than planned, he and Bernadette try to get married quickly by going to City Hall. Unfortunately, they don't get a chance before the Justice of the Peace's office closes.
- Astronomic Zoom: At the end of the ceremony, the camera zooms back to a view from the Google satellite.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: You can briefly see Mrs. Wolowitz as the camera zooms back in the end.
- It's All About Me: Amy objects to Howard and Bernadette having a ceremony at City Hall because she wouldn't get to dress up as maid of honor. They concede to let her wear her tiara down at City Hall.
- Nerds Speak Klingon: Sheldon wants to do the ceremony in Klingon. Bernadette won't let him.
- Right on Queue: This is the reason Howard and Bernadette don't get married at City Hall; there's such a long line of couples doing the same thing that they don't reach the Justice of the Peace before the office closes.
- Whole Episode Flashback: The episode begins with Howard getting ready for liftoff, while recalling events that happened before it.