Leonard and Priya invite Howard and Bernadette to a couples dinner. Amy hypothesizes that Bernadette is the "weakest" member of the group, and decides she would be a good double agent instead. Penny and Amy buy expensive shoes. Raj, not wanting to be a fifth wheel, tries out a new experimental drug for his social anxiety.
- Calvinball: Sheldon is working on a three person version of chess, with a lot of new pieces with complicated moves.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Sheldon explains that emotions have colors: yellow for fear, blue for sadness, etc. He notes that there is no color assigned to loneliness; Raj suggests orange, thinking it's lonely because nothing rhymes with it.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: RajLeonard: Are you going to talk about that in front of your sister?Priya: We shared a room when we were growing up. It's nothing new.
- Exact Words: Raj gives Sheldon money for a scone, but when the cashier says they're out of scones and offers a muffin, Sheldon refuses because the money was earmarked for scones.
- High Heel Hurt: Amy buys new high-heel shoes and is visibly awkward while wearing them.Amy: [while walking up the stairs] My metatarsals are barking!
- Ironic Echo Cut: When Amy is texting lies about Penny's acting career, she adds that she's acting in a 3D movie, to make it seem like the studio has faith in it. Which is exactly what Howard says when Bernadette passes it on.
- Naked People Are Funny: Raj takes off his clothes under the effects of the anxiety medication.
- Running Gag: Sheldon insisting that a hot beverage is non-optional when someone is upset.
- Scenery Censor: When Raj has an adverse reaction to the drug and takes off his clothes in a coffee shop.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: Amy suggests putting a listening device in Bernadette's "ample bosom".