The Love Car Displacement is the 13th episode of the 4th season of The Big Bang Theory.
The gang (including Penny) all go on a trip to a science panel conference in San Francisco all the way from Los Angeles.
- Artistic License Law: Sheldon claims that the police car has been pursuing Leonard for at least minutes. If that were the case, why were the police sirens only audible once Sheldon pointed them out instead of this whole time Leonard was driving back home?
- Bastard Boyfriend: Howard pulls a Jerkass Ball for complaining to Bernadette about dating Glenn back before him. Bernadette retorts that was in the past and that Howard should just put that behind him.
- Bastard Girlfriend: Penny first uses Leonard for sex for one night at the hotel, then breaks up with him again (loudly announcing so in front of the crowd attending the science panel) and goes back home with Bernadette's ex.
- Captain Oblivious: Sheldon has absolutely no idea what the rest of the main cast are arguing or complaining about at the science panel because of his lack of regard for their lives.
- Continuity Snarl: It's been established the main cast live in Pasadena, California. However, Penny at the end begs for a ride back to Los Angeles.
- Downer Ending: Things go very bad for Leonard in the end. Penny reaffirms they're still separated, she only had sex with him for one night, goes back to Los Angeles and now he's being pursued by a police officer who has caught him speeding at 120 mph (most California highways do not let you go over 70) since Sheldon and Amy were too pigheaded to tell him, and Leonard's definitely due to face some driver's license points, fines and maybe even some jail time and suspension from driving.
- Drives Like Crazy: Out of road rage angry at Penny for leaving him after having sex and then going back home to Los Angeles with Bernadette's ex, Leonard speeds at 120 mph.
- A God Am I: Sheldon appoints himself the leader of the group even arranging how the group goes in terms of cars and where the group eats (such as Denny's) declaring himself the road trip god.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Howard when he sees how muscular and handsome Bernadette's ex-boyfriend Glenn turned out to be.
- A House Divided: The science panel at the end. With the exception of Sheldon, the main cast has fallen apart and loudly shout out all their frustrations about their sex lives into the microphones for hundreds of attendees to hear.
- Leonard argues with Raj for joining his hotel room and sleeping in the adjoining bed when he was getting back together with Penny.
- Penny shouts that she and Leonard weren't making up, she only had sex with him once and does not intend to do it again.
- Amy complains right into the microphone she's frustrated about not having a penis like men do.
- Raj starts acting inappropriately at the science panel by getting drunk.
- Howard and Bernadette argue with each other about Glenn. Bernadette asserts that she did nothing wrong for having a boyfriend before Howard, and she outright never attempted or planned on getting back with Glenn. She doesn't really help matters by leaving him by himself in the hotel room for the night, though she does have reason to be upset with Howard.
- Jerkass: Everyone complains Howard is this for aggressively grilling Bernadette about whether she prefers Glenn over him. Bernadette asserts that she's not even thinking about going back to Glenn and politely told Howard to forget Glenn, yet Howard wouldn't stop.
- Penny for using Leonard for sex just one night and then telling him they're still separated before driving back to Los Angeles with Glenn.
- Nice to the Waitress: Penny complains Sheldon should be this to her as being the Cheesecake Factory waitress, she handles and touches whatever cheeseburger Sheldon eats. Sheldon believes Penny needs to obey the Official California Restaurant Workers Solemn Oath of Ethics and Cleanliness, only to be told that no such thing exists and that it was just an overstretched lie Leonard told him.Penny: Okay, so the usual with extra spit on Sheldon's hamburger.
- Sanity Ball: Sheldon of all people is handed this at the Science panel as while everyone else is arguing about their frustrated sex lives, he tries keeping the panel on-topic about science or whatever.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Sheldon and Amy outright put off telling Leonard about the cop pursuing him!!!