While the guys are on their way to fly kites (competitively), they run into Penny, who is having company over to watch a football game. Leonard thinks Penny is embarrassed to introduce him to her "non-genius" friends. Leonard tries to understand football, until Sheldon explains it to him. Raj is mad at Howard for ditching him to chase a girl.
- Brick Joke: The word "ho."
- Distracted by the Sexy: Howard sees a woman running in the park and passes off his kite to Raj, because he thinks he has a chance.Raj: You were chasing her through the park. That's not a shot, that's a felony.
- Height Angst: Sheldon makes fun of Leonard's jersey being too long for him. It's the smallest one they had, except the one for dogs.
- Hidden Depths: Sheldon's knowledge of football, despite his lack of general sports ability. As he notes, he did grow up in Texas.Sheldon: If you're interested, I also know all about frying meat that isn't chicken, as if it were chicken.
- Insistent Terminology: Sheldon calls out the guys for crying out "Kites ho!", since "ho" is for calling attention to a destination, not an object. They naturally ignore him.
- Like an Old Married Couple: Raj and Howard, as per usual.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Penny to Leonard.
- Well-Intentioned Replacement: Howard buys a new kite to replace the one Raj lost. Raj is not happy with it.Raj: The kite you made me lose was an authentic Patang. An Indian fighting kite that my brother sent to me from New Delhi. It took me a day to put together and two days to paint. This is Hello Kitty!