When Sheldon wins an award, he finds himself needing his friends' help to overcome his stage fright.
- Chicken Joke: "Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip? To get to the same side. Bazinga!"
- Comedic Underwear Exposure: Sheldon ends up taking off his pants during his speech, leaving him in his tighty-whiteys. And then he takes those off.
- Innocent Innuendo:
So, whaddya say, Sheldon? Are we your X-Men
No, the X-Men were named after the X in Charles Xavier. Since I am Sheldon Copper, you will be my C-Men.
- Instant Humiliation: Just Add YouTube!: Sheldon's speech gets posted as "Physicist Melts Down".
- In Vino Veritas: Sheldon takes a little too much to drink, turning his speech into a stand-up routine ending with him mooning the audience.
- Retail Therapy: Penny takes Sheldon shopping for a new suit to give him confidence. She admits that when she gets stressed, she goes out and buys a cute top or a fun skirt.
Sheldon: Don't you eventually realize you're just the same stressed-out person in a cute top or a fun skirt?
Penny: Yep, that's when I buy shoes.
- Uranus Is Showing:
Sheldon: Now, for the astronomers in the audience, get ready to see the dark side of the moon... and here's Uranus!