Leonard jumps into a rebound relationship with Leslie after he sees Penny with a guy.
- Anachronism Stew: Sheldon's complaint about the Renaissance fair. Raj convinces him to come back by pretending to be a Star Trek officer (possibly Spock) exploring a planet similar to Earth in the fifteen-hundreds.
- Expospeak Gag: While talking about Leslie Winkle.
Howard: I'd hit that.
Sheldon: You'd hit particulate soil on a colloidal suspension. [Howard looks confused] Mud.
- Minor Flaw, Major Breakup: Leslie breaks up with Leonard over philosophical differences regarding their preferred model of spacetime (Leslie supports loop quantum, and often clashes over it with Sheldon, who goes in for string theory, but Leonard doesn't actually care, and would have let their hypothetical children decide for themselves).
Leslie Winkle: Sorry, Leonard. I could have accepted our children not being able to process cheese or see a parade over a crowd, but this? This is a deal breaker.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg:
Leslie Winkle: Hello, fellow scientists... Sheldon.
- Renaissance Fair: The episode opens with the guys returning from a ren faire in full costume. Sheldon found it too anachronistic for his tastes and refuses to return, until Raj convinces him that he can go as Mr. Spock exploring a planet similar to Medieval-era Earth.
- Sexiled: Sheldon is asked to leave the apartment while Leonard is with Leslie. He spends it on the stairway playing Super Mario 64.
- Ye Olde Butchered English: Sheldon complains about its overuse at the Renaissance fair.
Sheldon: My God, they can't expect to put "Ye Olde" in front of anything they want and get away with it.