Leonard returns from his date with Penny. She then asks Leonard to take it slow. She confesses to Sheldon that it is because she thinks she isn't smart enough to keep his interest. The stress of keeping this secret gets to Sheldon, causing him to give in and tell Leonard.
This episode contains the following Tropes:
- Berserk Button:
- Brick Joke: The camera above Sheldon and Leonard's apartment appears in the beginning and the end of the episode.
- Call-Back: The cold opening takes place right after Penny and Leonard's date in the Season 1 finale.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Sheldon, though he tries. Eventually, the perceived burden becomes too much for him to bear.
- Squick: Apparently Howard is a bit of a necrophiliac as his comments on the human cadavers exhibit.
- Take a Third Option: When told of Penny's secret, Sheldon struggles to keep it from Leonard, and he can't forget about it, so he decides to move out.