When Leonard's mother comes to visit, he's pleasantly surprised to find her being nice to him...until he learns her motives. Meanwhile, Raj decides to move to London, while Stuart and Denise make a decision regarding their living arrangement.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Stuart and Denise try to convince Denise's roommate to move out, arguing that they're deeply in love enough to commit to each other together in the same room. Denise's roommate asks Stuart to tell Denise that he loves her (he does), and then asks Denise to say it back to Stuart (she does), before asking Stuart and Denise to say it to him. Cue Stuart and Denise staring back at him in awkward silence.
- Forgiven, but Not Forgotten: The reason why Leonard decides to forgive his mother for her abuse is because he knows shes never gonna change so forgiving her is the best way to let go of his pain and move on with his life.
- Guinea Pig Family: Beverly comes to spend the day with Leonard and takes an interest in his work. At first Leonard is happy that he's finally getting validation from his mother, until the next day when she asks questions about how that made him feel, and he realizes she's just been using him as research for her latest book.
- Married to the Job: Anu moves to London for her dream job when she's offered it at the conference she attends in London. This is why Raj Did Not Get the Girl.
- Reality Ensues: After realizing that Beverly's attempts at bonding were just more "research" for her next book, Leonard finally accepts that his mother is never going to change (Truth in Television regarding most Abusive Parents) and rather than tear into her, he decides it's better to just forgive her and move on, even though she doesn't deserve his forgiveness (forgiveness is about letting go of one's own pain rather than letting the one who harmed you off the hook).