When the guys learn about Will Wheaton's celebrity Dungeons & Dragons
game, they use deception and betrayal to fight over the one empty spot.
- As Himself: "The D&D Vortex", along with recurrers Wil Wheaton and Kevin Smith, also includes William Shatner, Joe Manganiello, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- Celebrity Is Overrated: When the group discovers Wil Wheaton has a D&D night with a variety of celebrities (including William Shatner) they immediately start pestering him to let them in on the game. Wil ends up giving them a "The Reason You Suck" Speech because the biggest struggle with being a celebrity is sycophants trying to use you to meet other celebrities.
- Continuity Nod: The girls recall the last time they played D&D.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Wil Wheaton gives one to the guys (see Celebrity Is Overrated above for further details).
- Recognition Failure:
- Leonard doesnt know who Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is.
- Played with regarding Joe Manganiello; Leonard recognizes him from True Blood, while the girls Amy in particular are more familiar with his work on Magic Mike.
- RPG Episode: Wil's secret Dungeons & Dragons sessions are the focus of the episode.
- Swear Jar: During Wil Wheaton's Dungeons & Dragons game.
Okay, where were we? William Shatner:
I was about to go all "Wrath of Khan
" on the ogres. Kevin Smith:
Oh, man, that's it. Put another dollar in the Star Trek jar, Bill. William Shatner: Worth it
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Done with Sheldon throwing up on William Shatner. The Cold Open shows the scene leading up to it, then cuts to the guys watching a video of it on a phone, followed by the sound of Sheldon vomiting.