Still upset over their super assymetry theory being disproven, Sheldon tries to find hope from a tape made by him as a child. When Howard auditions for Magic Castle, Bernadette turns into a stage mom.
- All for Nothing: Subverted. After seemingly losing their Super Asymmetry theory in the previous episode, George Sr.'s speech is what convinces Sheldon to look at it from a different angle, reviving it.
- Crossover: With Young Sheldon, via a video taped by Sheldon when he was younger.
- Red Herring: It's actually Sheldon's father that gives Sheldon the right advice and not his younger self.
- Rousing Speech: Sheldon had taped one as a child for his older self. Unfortunately, his father taped over it. However, later in the tape there's a video of George Sr. giving his team a pep talk. It was this speech, not the one he made for himself, that ends up motivating Sheldon.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Bernadette encourages Howard to audition for the Magic Castle. Howard does try out at the end of the episode, but he botches it when his attempt at magic trick ends with him accidentally breaking the Rolex he borrows from his audition judge for said magic trick.
- The Un-Reveal: Sheldon takes out a tape he made for himself as a kid in case he ever needed motivation. Young Sheldon's advice to Older Sheldon was
taped over with a football game by his father at the most crucial moment.