PlotStuart's comic store becomes popular when a writer puts it on the map, changing Sheldon's browsing experience. The store is so packed with customers that Stuart is forced to cancel his babysitting shift, forcing Bernadette and Howard to stay home for the night.
Stuart hires Denise (Lauren Lapkus) to help out at the store. Sheldon is initially suspicious of Denise and doubts her subject matter expertise, but she quickly wins him over. Amy gets tired of Sheldon constantly talking to Denise.
Meanwhile, Raj takes credit for a comet that Penny discovered.
- As Himself: Neil Gaiman.
- Bait-and-Switch: Amy goes to Stuart's comic book store to confront Denise, maybe to make sure that Denise knows that Sheldon is Amy's man. But by now we should know better. Amy actually wants Denise to teach her about comic books.
- Colbert Bump: In-Universe when Neil Gaiman praises Stuart's comic shop on Twitter, resulting in a major upturn in business.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks!: In-Universe with Sheldon, who doesn't like the comic book store's newfound popularity.
- Recognition Failure: None of the guys recognize Neil Gaiman when he talks to them, dismissing him as some random guy.
- Running Gagged: Stuart finally achieves financial stability after many years of being stuck in Perpetual Poverty.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: On Howard's urging, Sheldon decides to give the more popular comic book store a chance. Then he steps over to the register and is greeted by new assistant manager Denise instead of Howard. This is too much change for Sheldon, who just says "Nope!" and leaves.
- Stealing the Credit: Penny is mad at Raj for leaving her name out of the certification for the discovery of the comet, even though she was the one who saw it in the first place.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: After years of being the Butt-Monkey, Stuart finally finds success when Gaiman's tweet makes the comic book store popular. He can even hire an assistant manager, Denise, who in later episodes emerges as a Love Interest.