Continued from "Operation Galactic Storm"
When we last left our heroes, they'd taken a suicidal plunge through the Kree wormhole and wound up staring down the Kree armada, while Black Panther aided them through the wormhole while taking a decidedly more suicidal plunge as his ship careened into the sun...
...Only Black Panther worked the Kree teleporter again, to send himself through the wormhole and into another ship. But that's not important now — our heroes still have to evade the wrath of the Kree, while stranded on the Kree homeworld itself, and their survival hinges on dealing with the real authority behind the Kree, the Supreme Intelligence. But how do you out-think something made of a thousand alien brains?
- Badass Boast: The Supreme Intelligence."You are an exceptional species that shows great promise. You have power within you, but in the Kree Empire, I am supreme!"
- Brilliant, but Lazy: The Supreme Intelligence has this view of Captain Mar-Vell."Your resistance to my questions is not logical, Mar-Vell. Your mind is exceptional; you could be part of the Intelligence, but your affection for these human animals compromises."
- Captain Obvious:Vision: It is inadvisable for humans to remain underwater that long.
Hawkeye: [coughing up water] Thanks for the tip, Vision.
- Continuity Nod: The Supreme Intelligence lists all of the Avengers' prior confrontations against the Kree.
- Disney Death: Black Panther.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: The Kree homeworld.
- Honorary True Companion: Cap says Mar-Vell is one of them and tells the Supreme Intelligence to back off.
- Huge Holographic Head: Except the Supreme Intelligence is a physical one.
- Humans Are Special: According to Mar-Vell. The Supreme Intelligence soon agrees—saying the Avengers have achieved more decisive victories against the Kree than even the Skrulls and Shi'ar.
- It's All My Fault: Ms. Marvel took the controls while trying to evade the Kree fleet. The quinjet not only got shot down but ripped in half, separating the team. She blames herself for it.
- Not Quite Dead: Black Panther turns up alive, revealing he managed to teleport to safety last minute.Cap: Glad to see you made it, Panther.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!:Supreme Intelligence: You chose poorly, Mar-Vell. Earth is filled with test subjects for experimentation. These Avengers are expendable, as are you.
Thor: [bursting in] Your army was found wanting, foul creature. Have at thee! [shatters the shield]
- This Cannot Be!: Iron Man is amazed to be on a distant planet.
- Training from Hell: Implied with the Kree training range filled with monsters.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: After the Supreme Intelligence is crippled, Mar-Vell is resigned to the idea that the empire will collapse and thus doom his species. Cap argues that he can be the one to lead and show the Kree a more peaceful way of life.