The forest animals complain about the mud, the trees, and other innocuous things to Ranger Phil. He's had enough and quits to become a figure skater. Daggett says, "Any half-wit can do your job!" Dag is quickly elected the new ranger oh the forest. It turns out alright at first when he "improves" the forest for them, but soon he starts making insane rules such as no eating, and no blinking. Norb and the others retaliate.
Tropes featured in this episode:
- Agony of the Feet: The small rabbit complains that the rocks hurt his feet.
- Big Brother Instinct: Norb eventually tries to defend Dag when the other animals get too violent.
- Bowdlerize: Sometimes Nickelodeon would edit out the title card because they were afraid the use of the word "deranged" would offend those with mental disorders.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Every rule Dag comes up with. No sniffing, no shedding, no blinking, no eating, no radio, jeez.
- Hypocritical Humor: Dag can clearly be seen blinking a couple times while he's inspecting the others, enforcing his "no blinking" rule.
- Lets See YOU Do Better
- Loads and Loads of Rules
- Memetic Mutation: For a time, many Angry Beavers fans used Dag's "I'm watching you, and not blinking!" on their sites or forums as a warning to trolls or misbehavior. Complete with the visual from the episode of Dag staring into the camera and his eyes darting all over the place.
- Mind Screw: Most of the pranks the animals pull on Dag once they get fed up with him.
- Misplaced Wildlife: What the hell are warthogs doing in an American forest?
- They were probably based on wild boars.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The beaver disguises the animals wear to sneak back into the forest after Dag bans them. He makes beavers the exception.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Ranger Phil.
- Toon Physics: Dag uses linoleum to cover up the mud and rocks. Somehow, Dag's linoleum goes through the forest trees when he rolls it out!