Gumball's clothes are ruined thanks to his dad's mishap with the laundry and now he has to wear his mom's wedding dress. He is soon mistaken for a girl and becomes popular in school, not to mention a crush from Darwin.
- Bait-and-Switch: Richard spends several seconds hanging off a shaking wardrobe fearing it will collapse. A beat after it stops shaking, the wardrobe spontaneously opens, flinging him off and out the window.
- Big "NO!": Darwin after the fake balloon Gumballoopseggwobbleunderpants from Gumbaldnowigbattle-axeninja's head pops.
- Comically Missing the Point: Darwin sends Gumball a love letter inviting "her" to a roller coaster, but Gumball thinks it's a regular letter with x's at the end "to show how extreme it'll be!"
- Disguised in Drag: Gumball spends the episode this way, though he was wearing it because all his other clothes were destroyed and only treated it as a disguise when no one recognized him.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Everyone but Anais fawns obsessively over Gumballoopseggwobbleunderpants and acts like "her" servant, even the female students and Ms. Simian.
- Flashback Fail:Richard: I've been up all night doing the laundry, just like your mother asks me to.
(cut to Nicole and Richard in the laundry room)
Nicole: Whatever you do, don't do the laundry.
Richard: Aye, aye, captain!
- The Freelance Shame Squad: Gumball is afraid of the other students being this when they see him in a dress, but they instead assume he's someone else. Then they actually do act this way at the end of the episode when he's naked in public.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Gumball tries this when all the classmates see him in the dress and assume he's a different person. What are the first things he sees? Someone chewing gum, and a ball. Which he quickly amends with "oops...egg...wobble...underpants." And then when he's asked where he's from, he sees gum and a bald head... and then "no, wig, battle-axe ninja!" His classmates ended up interpreting the whole thing as "Gumballoopseggwobbleunderpants from Gumbaldnowigbattle-axeninja".
- Homosexual Reproduction: Gumball has an Imagine Spot about Darwin marrying him (because Darwin doesn't realize he's just Gumball in a dress). In the imagine spot, Gumball is surrounded by cat/fish babies as Darwin comes home and yells "I WANT MORE KIDS!"
- Hurl It into the Sun: The balloon Gumball pretends is Gumballoopseggwobbleunderpants accidentally comes untethered and floats into the sun (which seems to be a couple hundred feet into the sky and maybe twenty feet across).
- Idiot Ball: Everyone, except for Anais, falls for Gumball's Paper-Thin Disguise, even the students that are usually smarter than this.
- Taken Up to Eleven with Richard, as he's the one who gave Gumball the dress in the first place.
- Improvised Clothes: Before Richard gives Gumball the wedding dress, he wore a cereal box as clothing.
- Not Now, Kiddo: Anais tries to warn Gumball that Darwin has a crush on him, but he interrupts her.
- One Size Fits All: Nicole's wedding dress fits on Gumball even though he's less than half her size.
- Shrunk in the Wash: Gumball is forced to wear his mom's wedding dress to school because his father shrunk all his clothes in the wash. When he's inevitably spotted by the other kids, they don't recognize him (in fact, they're all smitten with him).
- Stalker with a Crush: Darwin immediately falls in love with Gumball in the dress, something Gumball entirely fails to notice, and does things like taking unsolicited picture and collecting "her" burp gas and sweat.
- Stupidest Thing I've Ever Heard: Miss Simian finds the identity of the "new student" the other kids put forward to be the most ridiculous thing she's ever heard, but since Gumball(oopseggwobbleunderpants) is wearing a beautiful dress, it must be true.
- Visual Pun: "Everybody's bending over backwards for me!" Cue Mr. Small walking by, literally bent over backwards.