After getting locked in a bathroom and fearing they'll be stuck in there forever, Gumball confesses a secret to Darwin, but before Darwin can tell Gumball his secret, the two are rescued by Rocky the janitor. Now Gumball must find out what Darwin is keeping from him.
- Big "NO!": Gumball narrowly fails to learn the secret when his phone call runs out of time and shouts "No!" until he runs out of breath, takes a breath, and continues yelling again as the scene changes.
- Continuity Nod: Other videos shown at the end include Gumball's failed attempt to ramp over a car in "The Pressure" and the brick-breaking video from "The Gi".
- Food as Bribe: Gumball serves Darwin a meal, which Darwin suspects is so he'll reveal the secret. It was, but not in the way Darwin was thinking: the food was extremely spicy and Gumball deprived Darwin of anything to drink but the glass of milk he had on hand and would only give if Darwin fessed up. Darwin still doesn't give up even after collapsing on the ground, so Gumball takes pity and lets him have it anyway.
- Gratuitous French: Rocky is learning French from a cassette tape while he works and the second time he peers into the bathroom to see if someone's inside he asks if anyone's there in French.
- Instant Web Hit: The real secret Darwin and Anais were hiding is that they're the ones who accidentally uploading an embarrassing video of Gumball tripping at his desk. It got nearly a billion views.
- Locked in the Bathroom: Gumball and Darwin literally get locked in the school bathroom. They decide to tell each other a secret they'd been keeping, but they're rescued by the janitor before Darwin can tell his. Gumball spends the rest of the episode being driven crazy by not knowing the secret, until Darwin tells him that he was only going to tell him because it looked like they were going to die. So, Gumball locks them in the bathroom again, only to find out that the secret Darwin had been keeping was that he didn't like some food Gumball made (actually that was a lie). They get out this time by flushing themselves down the toilet, arguing the whole way, finally ending by angrily yelling that they love each other.
- Misplaced Wildlife: In-universe, Darwin wonders why a catfish is in the ocean during his dream, but it points out that it's a dream where he's already sweating underwater.
- Nonchalant Dodge: Gumball does this several times when Darwin tries to take the glass of milk from him.
- Pummeling the Corpse: Gumball takes out his frustration at not knowing Darwin's secret in a game they were playing by using his Finishing Move on Darwin's character over and over after the round was already over.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Rocky heard Darwin and Gumball screaming to be let out of the bathroom and first thought the school was haunted by a couple of screaming girls.
- Shown Their Work: When Darwin needs his tongue cooled down, Gumball offers him a glass of milk instead of water like so many other TV shows (animated and live-action). In real life, using water to recover from eating spicy food actually exacerbates the burned tongue, which is why milk is recommended instead.
- Take Our Word for It: We don't see what Gumball drew in Darwin's school yearbook, but it got Darwin sent to therapy all summer and put in an isolation tank.
- Toilet Teleportation: Darwin and Gumball flush themselves down a toilet to escape from the boys' bathroom in school when they're locked in. They return home through a pipe leading to their toilet at the end of the episode.Richard: (seeing them come out of the toiler) Ah!... Did I eat you?
- Torment by Annoyance: Gumball tries to get Anais to reveal the secret by asking and poking her ad nauseam. She threateningly tells him to stop, and when he doesn't the scene cuts to Gumball coming to Darwin with an eye swollen shut.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Played With. Gumball and Darwin, despite it feeling like longer, were only in the bathroom for three minutes.