A video game Gumball and Darwin bought doesn't work with the console they have, and Gumball and Darwin do what they can to circumvent the store's "No Refunds" policy.
- Bad to the Bone: When Richard grows his mustache, the (public domain) chord featured in the Trope Namer plays.
- Big Shadow, Little Creature: The shadow the store manager casts on his door window makes him look much larger than he is because he was standing on a chair.
- Blackmail: Gumball and Darwin threaten to put the security footage of the manager beating up Richard online if he doesn't give a refund.Gumball: What do you think the internet will say when it sees you slapping your customers with your little hands?
Manager: That it's pretty funny?
Gumball: Yeah, it was pretty funny... but you'll probably get a modest fine and a couple of days of community service.
Gumball: So the shop will be closed.
Gumball: And you'll lose money.
Manager: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! No need to get excited.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Larry.
- Here We Go Again!: The store manager has cheated the Wattersons out of a lot of money again, selling a paper shredder disguised as a game console that shreds Gumball's game, and they're ready to try to get that money back.
- Hypno Pendulum: Darwin and Gumball use a watch to hypnotize Larry into giving them a refund, but since it's against store policy, he still refuses.
- Hypno Fool: Gumball is able to hypnotize Larry into thinking he's a gorilla-ostrich, thinking he's on fire, and generally doing basically everything but violating the store policy by giving a refund.
- Indy Hat Roll: Larry does this when fleeing the store as it locks down, even grabbing his dropped hat just like the Trope Namer.
- Mind-Control Eyes: After Darwin and Gumball hypnotize Larry, he gets swirly eyes.
- Musical Pastiche: The video Darwin and Gumball make for Larry, making it look like lack of refunds is a major global crisis, pastiches "We Are The World".
- Shout-Out: The game that Gumball and Darwin want to refund is an SNES cartridge.
- Spontaneous Mustache: Richard instantly grows a Badass Mustache after offering help to Gumball and Darwin to get a refund. After the store alarm goes on, he instantly loses it. When he finds out they've been ripped off again, it comes back.
- Squirrels in My Pants: When the store manager is attacking Richard, one of the things he does is crawl around in his pants.
- Trope 2000: The video store is called Ripley 2000. Darwin wonders why you'd use such a name so long after the year 2000. "It's not like it's the future anymore."