Darwin and Gumball help Rocky find a girlfriend through an online dating app.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: At the end Byrdie tells Rocky she won't let him walk away after all the things he did, suggesting that she's willing to give him another chance. But then it turns out she was going to send him along with Gumball and Darwin flying out of her room by rejecting him on Trawlr.
- Creator Cameo: Brydie's father is voiced by Ben Locket, the show's composer.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Rocky.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Brydie rejects Rocky because she's horrified by his superficially romantic actions in reaching her, thought he was creepy from the second they first saw each other, and only sent him an invite on the app because he used a heavily doctored profile photo.
- Downer Ending: Rocky fails to get the girl he wanted, or any girl period.
- Fictional Social Network: The Elmore equivalent of Tinder is a called "Trawlr".
- Five-Second Foreshadowing: Rocky mentions his mother just before unknowingly getting a Trawlr date request from her.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Given that Rocky's mom is married to Mr. Robinson, her being on Not!Tinder means that she's cheating on her husband.
- Hitler Cam: While trying to get a good pic for Rocky's profile Darwin discusses the effect of high and low angles, demonstrating that a low angle makes you look intimidating and a high one makes you seem approachable. Unfortunately, Rocky looks just as bad from any direction.
- Humans Are Ugly: The first hit on Rocky's profile is from an attractive live-action human woman which disgusts everyone—even though Rocky's doctor photo was considered very attractive for looking the same.Darwin: She looks like a puppet made out of meat!
Rocky: Her hair looks like it's made of lots of little hairs!
Gumball: And what's wrong with her hands!? Arrgh, dude, she's got five fingers! Slide up, slide up!
(Rocky slides up and the neck photo is a rock with googly eyes, a smile, and a flower in her "hair")
All three: Now we're talking!
- Late to the Punchline: Gumball tries hard to get why an online dating app is called "Trawlr" ("There's plenty of fish in the sea, but you need the net to catch them.") but Darwin beats him to it.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: The game that Rocky is shown playing is clearly meant to be Minecraft.
- Lookalike Lovers: The woman Rocky fell for looks a lot like him (orange fur, bulbous nose, similar body shape), despite being animated in 2D instead of CG like Rocky. When asking people if they'd seen her, Darwin and Gumball stick a plant on Rocky's head to demonstrate what she looks like.
- Love at First Sight: Rocky fell in love with Brydie as soon as he saw her. Her feelings are pretty much the opposite, as from her perspective Rocky just stared at her and made her feel uncomfortable.
- Narrative Shapeshifting: Rocky mimics some of his mother's speech and his eyes suddenly change to look like her.
- Race for Your Love: Relentlessly parodied. Rocky mentions he imagined meeting his love after racing to get to her before she leaves on a plane. After accidentally turning down the girl he saw at the mall, Gumball and Darwin convince him to make an extremely hasty search for her, during which they do a number of immoral or illegal things to speed up the process (or for no reason at all), despite nothing indicating they were short for time at all. Everyone permits these things because they're being done "in the name of love"—except the girl being chased after, who thinks they're terrible and insane.
- Ridiculously Photogenic: Despite normally looking extremely friendly, any photo of Rocky makes him look ghastly and threatening.
- Real Dreams Are Weirder: Darwin's suggested pickup line gets Sidetracked by the Analogy.Darwin: Are you a combination of my recent memories and my childhood traumas? Because, girl, you are a dream.
(Gumball and Rocky look dumbfounded, though Rocky still types it in)
Darwin: What? That's what dreams are.
- Reality Ensues: Rocky's attempt to win over Brydie with a Grand Romantic Gesture backfires horribly, and Brydie rejects him because she's horrified by the creepy and deranged superficially romantic things Rocky went through to reach her. It also turns out that she thought he was creepy from the moment they met, and the only reason she sent him an invite on Trawlr is that he was using a profile photo that was doctored beyond recognition.
- Rule of Funny: Gumball, Darwin and Rocky knock at least 3 people over, read someone's medical records and steal a car, but it's okay because it's "in the name of love".
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Rocky's attempt to meet up with Byrdie after accidentally rejecting her on Trawlr only causes her to see him as creepy. The episode ends with Rocky still single.
- Tempting Fate:
- Rocky doesn't feel bad about rejecting people on the dating app because it's not like sliding their picture away is hurting them in real life. Cue a montage of women spontaneously being flung into the air.
- Mrs. Robinson is mentioned to have always told Rocky he had a face "only a mother could love." Seconds after being told such, Gumball realizes she unknowingly sent a date request to her own son, which Gumball rejects and covers up.
- Worse with Context:Rocky: The only woman I've spoken to in the last six months was a farmer's daughter who wanted me to retrieve her goat.
Gumball: (prodding Rocky's arm) That sounds like you can milk that situation.
Rocky: It was in the video game we're playing.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Rocky neglected to find love himself because he always figured he'd have some sort of absurd Meet Cute. Once he, Darwin, and Gumball start trying to act with reckless disregard "in the name of love" everyone supports them, but the girl he's after disgustedly rejects him for his abhorrent behavior.