When Gumball learns that his nemesis has found a new nemesis, Gumball tries to sabotage Rob's new "enemy-ship."
- Apology Gift: Gumball eventually apologized to Penny for spending the episode getting Rob to hate him, and ignoring her, by getting a card for it. He couldn't find any cards that specific, so he wrote "I'm Sorry Penny" on a bunch of things in her locker and put a balloon in there. The balloon being Alan.Gumball: Yeah, I couldn't find any balloons either.
- Big "WHY?!": Tobias shouts "WHY?!" while flung through the air by a bomb that Gumball planted in his house, thinking it was Banana Joe's.
- Black Comedy Burst: Rob mentions that he's stolen the batteries from the Wattersons' smoke detector, implying that he was planning on burning down their house.
- Continuity Cavalcade: Rob's major appearance as a villain are recounted, with Gumball bragging about the "The Nemesis" and "The Bus" to Penny, and then by Rob describing "The Disaster/The Rerun" (which Gumball doesn't remember).
- A Day in the Limelight: For Rob.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: They're not subtle about treating Rob like an ex-boyfriend that Penny has to share Gumball with.
- Enmity with an Object: Darwin believes a baseball cap sitting in his room is his personal nemesis. When Gumball notices he's been wearing it and thought he got over it, Darwin notices it and he flees in a panic about his nemesis being on his head.
- Foe Romance Subtext: Gumball tries to win back Rob as his arch-enemy while Penny, despite being his girlfriend, is left feeling like the third wheel who helps Gumball out.
- Glad I Thought of It: Gumball ignores Penny giving him advice to try and befriend Rob to conclude it's better for him to try and be friends with Rob. We actually hear his thought process while using this trope, with Penny's words being muffled as he comes to the conclusion she was trying to tell him.Penny: That is literally what I just said.
Gumball: Aww, we make such a great team.
- Innocently Insensitive: Gumball laments about feeling neglected and underappreciated by Rob who moved on to Banana Joe as his arch-enemy... to Penny and Darwin who were with him the whole time.
- Irony: Penny's advice to Gumball was to be friends with Rob instead of being enemies so they can be close again. This actually lead to Gumball messing up his plan to hurt Banana Joe by accident and Rob hating Gumball again. But that's all Gumball wanted anyway.
- Offscreen Reality Warp: Penny grabs Gumball by the shoulders, insisting he not go out to see Rob. The camera cuts repeatedly between close-ups of Gumball begging and Penny saying 'no', and on the third cut Gumball has put Darwin in his place—and in most of his clothing.Darwin: How did he do that?
- Perplexing Plurals:Penny: What is with you two?
Gumball: We're nemesises... Nemesisses? Nemesi?
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Rob really lets Gumball have it once he reaches his Rage Breaking Point, but Gumball is just glad Rob is hating him again, and most of the rant is inaudible.Rob: What is wrong with you?! You just ruined the whole thing for me again! I don't believe it! You've got to be the most insufferable, annoying, selfish person I've ever met!
- Rogues Gallery: Penny points out that even though Rob wouldn't be Gumball's enemy anymore, there's plenty of people on the list that would hate him. Irate neighbors (likely the Robinsons), outraged friends (likely Tobias), humiliated teachers (likely Miss Simian), and such.
- Ron the Death Eater: In-Universe, Gumball considers "that creepy ginger dude" the nemesis of that wizard boy because he followed him around and never helped.
- Sequel Episode: To "The Disaster/The Rerun"; since Gumball saved his life, Rob doesn't hate Gumball anymore and decides to become someone else's nemesis.
- Serenade Your Lover: Or "hater" in this context. Gumball desperately tries to get back Rob into hating him by playing a song he hates from the boombox like in Say Anything.... Rob responded that he doesn't hate it anymore like he doesn't hate Gumball as he walks away.
- Shout-Out: After being served by Banana Joe a subpoena for violating his intellectual property Gumball exclaims "Ay caramba".
- Somebody Doesn't Love Raymond: Gumball gets obsessed over Rob not hating him anymore, but the plot plays out similarly, and it's clearly motivated by Gumball's ego.
- Stalling the Sip: Banana Joe gets a burger from a "secret admirer", but it's actually one of Rob's booby traps, rigged to explode when he tries to eat it. Banana Joe keeps almost eating it, but then stops to take off the pickle, the onion, and every sesame seed individually, which he counts. Then he gets distracted by Gumball imitating him, and walks off without eating.
- Why Can't I Hate You?: Despite promising Gumball to be a better enemy to him in "The Rerun", Rob just didn't hate Gumball anymore and moved on to Banana Joe. Eventually his hatred toward Gumball is rekindled at the end when he was stopped from hurting Banana Joe once again.