When the new gym teacher (a red cube known as "Coach"note ) forces Jamie to apologize for pushing Gumball and Darwin around, Jamie sets out to prove she still has street cred — by going after the coach.
- An Arm and a Leg: Jamie once tore Teri's leg off, chewed it into a spit ball, and spat it back into Teri's face.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption: Just as Darwin is trying to convince Gumball that Jamie's changed, he notices her climbing into Coach's car:Darwin: Just because [Jamie] did all that doesn't mean she's capable of climbing into the back of a teacher's car to do something so bad that IT WILL GO DOWN IN SCHOOL HISTORY!
- Black Comedy Cannibalism: A flashback shows Jamie took Sarah's ice cream head off her cone, pulled off Banana Joe's peel, put them in a bowl together, and ate some of them while they were both screaming.
- Continuity Nod: Anton was pecked to death by ducks in a lake (and it was shown as a live-action shot of a piece of toast with a screaming face drawn on it while ducks peck at it) in "The Goons" the same way Jamie is shown to have done in this episode.
- Chekhov's Classroom: Coach stresses that the skills she teaches, like cartwheeling and trampolining, will come in handy in real life. Gumball runs into all kinds of obstacles where they could have helped, but he messes them up anyway.
- Comically Small Bribe: To get a note out of PE class, Gumball bribes the nurse with a quarter and then "1000 cents"—and when Darwin points out the latter is $10, Gumball lowers it to 100 cents. She gives them one each just to stop bothering her.
- Danger Takes a Backseat: Jamie is seen going into Coach's car without Coach looking. Gumball and Darwin assume she's trying to take revenge, but it was actually because Jamie is Coach's daughter and was being taken home.
- Foreshadowing: Coach's remark to Jamie after a particularly impressive bout of gymnastics? "Perfect. You remind me of me at your age."
- Floating Advice Reminder: When trying to reach the Coach to tell her about Jamie, Gumball and Darwin imagine her image telling them how to get past some obstacles.Imaginary Coach: Because everything you learn in gym class can make a difference in your life one day.
Gumball: Coach, you've got to pull over. Jamie's in the back of your car, and she's about to do terrible things to—
Imaginary Coach: Kid, I'm a vision, not a phone.
- Furry Reminder: After gym class, Anton says, "Coach says I have to cut out the carbs — but that's all I am!"
- Gym Class Hell: Everyone but Jamie gets ridiculously exhausted from gym class and Gumball has numerous mishaps using gym equipment. However, this is portrayed less as the coach being unreasonable as the students being so terribly out of shape that they get tired doing basic exercises.
- Jaw Drop: When Coach forces Jamie to apologize to Gumball, everyone in the entire school has their jaws drop and stay down until the next day. Richard actually notices Darwin's mouth is open while he eats and steals food from it.
- Organ Autonomy: As Gumball starts exercising, we get a view of his organs talking to each other and panicking that he's making them active for once. He says the water coming out from under his armpits while he works out isn't sweat, it's his organs crying.
- Preemptive "Shut Up": The school nurse sees Gumball and Darwin came to her office and immediately tells them they don't have anything that that would let them skip gym glass.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Gumball and Darwin are more surprised by the fact that Coach is a woman than they are by the fact that Jamie is Coach's daughter—although their discovery of Coach being a woman instead of a man is more "shocked/surprising" than "disgusting."
- Visual Pun: Alan's body shape changes from spherical to a cube, and says this wasn't what he expected when the Coach said he needed to "get into shape".