When Jimmy Olsen goes to visit his Aunt Louisa, he uncovers a criminal caper.
This episode includes the following tropes:
- Bridal Carry: Superman lifts Jimmy under his knees and back when rescuing him from drowning.
- Drowning Pit: A variation; Jimmy's evil cousin and a friend lock him in a cave when the tide is coming in.
- Lighthouse Point: The episode takes place on an island with a lighthouse where the criminals are smuggling.
- Never Say "Die": When Superman tells Jimmy how narrowly he got rescued, he says, "Another minute and you'd have been food for the fishes."
- Polly Wants a Microphone: The mysterious "Help, I'm drowning!" calls are words from a parrot.
- Super Senses: Superman can see through fog and hear trouble while still far from shore.