While all the adults are away searching for the 100 lost treasures of San Lorenzo, the Orphans are left behind to defend San Lorenzo from Taranis, God of Thunder.
- Backup Bluff: When the orphans realize Taranis is completely believing every story they tell him, they defeat him by telling him he is cursed to eternally fight and lose to Puss in Boots but never remember it. When Puss shows up, he flees in terror.
- Blow You Away: Taranis' magic wheel allows him to create powerful winds.
- Continuity Cavalcade: The stories the Orphans tell are all corrupted versions of events in past episodes. At one point Kid Pickles even tells a story of "a time when Puss in Boots had to face all the bad guys from his past", featuring the Mole King and his army, El Moco, the Golem, the Piper, the Duchess, a band of thieves, donkey ears included, Feejee, Owlberto, Fartholomew Fishflinger, and the Thriffith wielding the Scimitar.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: It seems the entire town of San Lorenzo has at least one moment like this each as they all together manage to find nearly every missing treasure in just one day.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: The orphans go to extreme lengths to prevent Taranis from entering the San Lorenzo vault, as they expect his missing scepter to be one of the treasures inside that they need for the spell, but it turns out the scepter is actually the weather vane on Artephius' shop. Cue Kid Pickles pulling a Face Palm.
- Shock and Awe: Taranis has this power to a limited extent, but he would be much better at it if he had his scepter back.