Having no luck in the investigation, Puss decides to lock up the San Lorenzo treasure vault as tightly as possible when the shadows attack. Their ninja techniques overwhelm Puss at first, he does manage to pin one down, only for Toby to rush in and try to "save" him, which allows them to escape. Unable to tolerate Toby any more, Puss yells at him and suggest they split up for now. At which point Toby is kidnapped by the ninjas, who turn out to be Toby's older brothers Brandt, Dom, Chad and Lamar. They offer Toby the chance to join their Ninja gang, which Toby is eager to do, but first they say he must get them the Gauntlet of Chirotheca from the San Lorenzo vault and give him a potion to use to put Puss to sleep so he can get the key hidden in Puss' boot.
A feat which is made easier by the fact that Puss feels extremely guilty as a result of Toby disappearing after their fight. Toby sneaks the potion into Puss' milk which promptly puts him to sleep. Toby lets his brothers into the vault and helps them recover the gauntlet, at which point his brothers reveal that they are going to use the Gauntlet to take over the world. Puss arrives on the scene and a fight over the gauntlet breaks out which leads to Toby being in possession of the Gauntlet. His brothers try to manipulate him again, but Toby disowns them and together Puss and Toby chase them off. Puss and Toby apologize to each other, and the two best friends go off to return the Gauntlet to San Lorenzo.
- As You Know: As Toby's brothers introduce themselves to Toby (and the audience), Toby interjects with the fact that since they are brothers, he already knows who they are. They finish introducing themselves anyway.
- Didn't Think This Through: After successfully disarming the pigs and launching the gauntlet into the air, Puss attempts to catch and equip it in one smooth movement, forgetting that as it is a glove made for an adult human, his entire upper body fits inside it easily, causing him to get stuck.
- Expy: The four ninja brothers are one for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (with the lead one voiced by Greg Cipes, who voices Mikey in the 2012 version. They even wear the same color coded masks!
- G-Rated Drug: Puss is given a sleeping potion which makes him act drunk.
- Innocently Insensitive: Toby tries to make Puss feel better after failing to catch the thieves, but just makes him feel worse.
- Misblamed: The town blames Puss for failing to capture the thieves. The truth is he nearly caught them multiple times but was usually stopped/hurt by Toby every time he got close.
- Ninja: Toby's brothers at some point learned the art.
- Power Fist: The Gauntlet of Chirotheca, an ornate gauntlet capable of firing Hand Blasts
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Toby tries to do this on Puss, but Puss is the master of the technique and is unaffected. Also Toby's version just looks creepy as all he does is widen his eyes and stare at him.
- Self-Serving Memory: Toby's brothers "forgive" him for constantly picking on them and exiling them from their house even though the flashback clearly shows that this is all stuff the brothers did to Toby.
- Shaped Like Itself: Chiroteca is Latin for gauntlet. It is literally the Gauntlet of Gauntlet.
- Tagalong Kid: Toby, much to Puss' annoyance.
- Thicker Than Water: Toby's brothers have always bullied him, to the point where they kicked him out of their house forcing Toby to move to the orphanage, but Toby still seeks their approval and they exploit this their advantage.
- Too Dumb to Live: Toby fully believes what his brothers tell him even after all of the crud they put him through.