Dana Harmon calls in "Uncle John" and the A-Team when her husband, "Kid" Harmon, is attacked by a group of men hired by Kyle Ludwig, who wants to put him off the racing circuit. The A-Team must battle not only Ludwig and his men, but also "Kid's" father Jack Harmon, who has a personal grudge against Hannibal.
This episode includes examples of the following tropes:
- The Alcoholic: Jack Harmon apparently drinks enough that it causes family problems. He's seen throughout the episode throwing back a glass. Hannibal reveals partway through the episode that it's a reaction to the death of his beloved wife. Near the end of the episode, he says he's not drinking again.
- Bland-Name Product: Quite a lot, given the episode's focus on stock car racing. Most notably, a scene taking place just before a race shows the villain's car with a large "Firestom" logo, even using a slightly fancier version of the Firestone Tire and Rubber Company font.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Getting sick of his father ragging on Hannibal, "Kid" Harmon lets him have it about his drinking and his unreliability. Hannibal actually tries to stop him and talks to "Kid" about his father's reasons for resenting Hannibal and for drinking so much.
- The Casanova: Subverted by Murdock. He manages to pull it off while impersonating billionaire playboy Giancarlo Figorrati, though it's really all thanks to Face speaking for him while he rambles nonsensically in broken Italian.Murdock: Dove è il barbiere più vicino? note
Girl: Oh, what did you say, Giancarlo?
Face: Ah, he said "your hair is lovely in this light."
Girl: Oh, he's so cute!
- Honorary Uncle: Both "Kid" and his wife Dana repeatedly call Hannibal "Uncle John."
- Imperiled in Pregnancy: Ludwig and his men have no trouble with trying to run the Harmons off the road, even though Dana is expecting and a crash could endanger her and the baby.
- Love Triangle: This turns out to be one of Jack's reasons for disliking Hannibal; they both fell in love with the future Mrs. Harmon as younger men. "Kid" is incredulous that she chose his father over Hannibal, but Hannibal points out that Jack could be there for her in a way he couldn't, which was why she ultimately chose Jack.
- Mr. Fixit: B.A.'s mechanical skills come in handy when the team has to fix up Kid Harmon's racing car after Ludwig's men bash it up.
- Panicky Expectant Father: "Kid" Harmon is apparently quite anxious about his wife, who's expecting a child. She says that she doesn't know whether she or he is more nervous about the upcoming baby.
- Turn the Other Cheek: Hannibal is quite patient with Jack Harmon's hostility, not responding in kind and even trying to keep his already shaky relationship with "Kid" from disintegrating further. It ultimately turns the two of them into friends.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: Jack Harmon, discussing what kind of child his daughter-in-law will have, suggests that maybe she'll have a son and a daughter.
- Who Would Be Stupid Enough?: Dana asks Hannibal if their opponent would really do something as unwise as trying to destroy their car in broad daylight. Hannibal is confident that he would.Dana Harmon: Uncle John, do you really think Ludwig would come here? I mean, to our own garage, in the middle of the day?
Hannibal: Never put a stupid move past a stupid man. That's a rule of survival, Dana.