B.A. gets a telegram from his old girlfriend Deborah, saying she urgently needs to see him. Her husband, Jason Duke, disappeared shortly after moving to the town of Whispering Pines and she wants the A-Team to find him. As the team begins poking around, they find that the subject of Duke is a hot spot for the town — a subject which seems to be wrapped up with an old mine, the secrets of which the owners are willing to protect with deadly force.
This episode includes examples of the following tropes:
- Alliterative Name: B.A.'s old girlfriend Deborah married a man called Jason Duke, making her name Deborah Duke.
- Big "SHUT UP!": After Murdock keeps bugging him about Deborah, B.A. finally yells at him to shut up.
- Continuity Nod: Deborah mentions that she called B.A.'s mother, who appeared earlier in "Lease With an Option to Die." She also casually refers to B.A. as "Scooter," which that same episode established was his childhood nickname. Presumably, as his ex, she was one of the few people he allowed to use that nickname.
- Forced to Watch: Blackburn's men try to interrogate B.A. by hanging Murdock in front of him. Luckily, Hannibal and Face arrive just in time to shoot the rope in half and save Murdock.
- Persona Non Grata: Some of the people in Whispering Pines are trying to keep the news that they have a stolen armored truck full of gold parked in an old mine secret and so they don't want out-of-town visitors.
- Sentimental Sacrifice: B.A. is forced to let the team melt down his gold necklace as part of the plan. It's doubly sentimental because the necklace in question was last year's Christmas present from Murdock.
- Shoot the Rope: Blackburn's men are trying to get information out of B.A., so they try to hang Murdock to get him to talk more. As soon as the car Murdock was stood on reverses away to leave him dangling, Hannibal and Face drive in and Hannibal shoots the rope, saving Murdock.
- Unconventional Vehicle Chase: Murdock buys a kid's bike to follow Blackburn. While he's spying on him and his men at the mine, they spot him. After a crazy bicycle-pickup truck chase, Murdock finally escapes by driving over a bridge not constructed for the truck's weight.