George Olsen contacts the A-Team. In an old identity, he worked as an accountant for crime boss Tommy Largo, and he is set to testify against him. However, his daughter Jenny has been kidnapped. Investigating, the team discovers that Jenny has been kidnapped by Largo's rival Eddie Devane, who hopes to force Mr. Olsen into testifying. However, because Devane will likely kill Jenny once he's done with her, the team must rescue her and bring down both Largo and Devane.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Bait-and-Switch: After the A-Team realizes that one of the crime bosses bugged Jenny's phone and now knows where her father is hidden, the scene switches to Mr. Olsen waiting for room service at the hotel. The viewer might think it's one of their men when the doorbell rings...and then Hannibal's voice comes from the other side of the door.
- The Dreaded: Eddie Devane and Tommy Largo are both feared crime bosses.
- Enemy Mine: Devane and Largo decide to team up, given that they both have had some losses at the team's hands.
- I Want Them Alive!: After kidnapping Jenny, the kidnappers ask if their boss wants them to get rid of her. He responds that he wants her in one piece.
- Love-Interest Traitor: The boy Jenny Olsen is going out with at the beginning of the episode is in league with the people who wanted to kidnap her. He alleges that he was paid to bring her there and doesn't know anything about it.
- Nobody Here but Us Statues: Hannibal waits for Mr. Olsen by sitting on top of a horse statue, disguised as a rider.
- Noodle Incident: Face mentions some incident where Murdock apparently almost got them captured, somehow involving a shell in a barrel that he didn't know was there.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: Face tries to punch out the guy who helped the kidnappers nab Jenny when he blocks his path. Unfortunately, the guy doesn't even flinch.
- Shout-Out: Murdock makes a reference to the team fighting for "truth, justice, and the American way."
- Tampering with Food and Drink: Subverted as a part of the scheme. Hannibal, posing as a waiter, takes a bite of the sanwiches Mr. Olsen ordered up to his room and fakes choking, causing the Federal agents to hustle Mr. Olsen to safety, fearing a security breach. Hannibal, of course, is just fine and simply wanted Olsen out of harm's way.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The team knows from Devane's reputation that he will kill Jenny once he has what he wants, meaning they have to rescue her first.