Sisters Sandy and Tina look up the A-Team. Their hotel is being threatened by gangster Joey Epic, who has been trying to get it since their father was alive and is ruining business by sending his men to bust up the place. The team temporarily takes over the hotel and sets a trap for Epic and his cronies.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Big "NO!": Councilman Prescott when he's Chained to a Railway and thinks a train is about to run him over (except it's actually Murdock pretending to be a train...)
- Big Shadow, Little Creature: The team ties Councilman Prescott to sign a paper by tying him to railway tracks at the end of a tunnel, with what appears to be a steam train approaching. Only it's actually Murdock on a bike, complete with a high-powered lamp, a fake chimney and a cassette player with train sound effects. Murdock says he's always wanted to pull off such a thing, inspired by "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" at Disneyland.
- Brick Joke: The team tricks B.A. into thinking he and Murdock drove to Miami, even resetting his watch to complete the lie. Hannibal warns Murdock to not let B.A. see a newspaper, however, as the date would give it away. At the end of the episode, B.A. storms up and reveals that he saw that day's newspaper and knows he was put on a plane.
- Caught on Tape: Hannibal poses as a waiter to listen in on the conversation between councilman Prescott and Joey Epic. He catches it on a tape recorder hidden in the false bottom of a cup.
- Chained to a Railway: In order to get Councilman Prescott to sign a paper they tied him to railway tracks at the end of a tunnel. He wouldn't talk at first, but soon he noticed a train approaching from the far end of the tunnel and signed it, only for Hannibal to leave that guy tied to the tracks. Of course it was then revealed that the oncoming train was just Murdock on a bike, complete with a high-powered lamp, a fake chimney and a cassette player with train sound effects.
- Hollywood Drowning: When Face performs his drowning act to get close to Epic's girlfriend, Denise, he does a lot of thrashing and yelling, "Help, I'm drowning!" This might be justified as it was faked in-universe; however, Denise, who's presumably been around water a lot, seems to fall for it.
- Kiss of Life: Face fakes trouble breathing after Denise pulls him out of the water, presumably hoping she'll attempt artificial respiration (aka, the "kiss of life"). When one of her bodyguards steps up to do it instead, Face's breathing trouble instantly improves.
- Locking MacGyver in the Store Cupboard: The team are locked in a secure room with concrete doors. It looks bad. Then Hannibal turns around and begins chuckling. There's a bunch of stuff in the corner they can use.
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes: When Face is "recovering" from his faked near-drowning, he talks about seeing things from his life passing before his eyes (mostly childhood toys).
- Shout-Out: Murdock sings the chorus to "California Girls" by The Beach Boys multiple times throughout the episode.
- The Tooth Hurts: B.A. starts the episode with a toothache, allowing the team to drug him for dental work and get him to the hotel by plane without him knowing about it.
- Verbal Tic: Murdock develops the habit of using "man" in every other sentence early in the episode.