The A-Team is hired by tycoon Warren Teasdale to get back his daughter during a ransom deal, but things become complicated when it becomes apparent that Miss Teasdale has no intention of being rescued. Her boyfriend Marcus, who has been on thin ice with the terrorist group who kidnapped her after he realized with what kind of group he was dealing, is still within reach of the terrorists and she fears they'll harm him, thinking he helped her escape. Reluctantly, the team heads back into the line of fire to retrieve Marcus, and soon finds themselves trying to stop the GLA's latest scheme.
This episode includes examples of the following tropes:
- All According to Plan: At the end, the team is casually discussing what they did with the ransom as they are getting away, and Hannibal remarks how annoying this will be to Mr. Teasdale (who refused to pay and called the army on them), and says that with how well it worked out, it's almost as if he planned it that way. B.A. seems to think he did.
- Battle Discretion Shot: Downplayed; When Miss Teasdale keeps resisting the team's efforts to rescue her, Hannibal winds up punching her. The camera moves away and the next thing we see is her unconscious over his shoulder, presumably to prevent the viewers seeing one of the heroes hitting a woman.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: When the team rescues a girl from the terrorist group holding her hostage she fights them every step of the way and even holds them at gunpoint and demands they take her back. Her boyfriend is a member of the group, who has been questioning their methods and she knows the group's leaders are just looking for an excuse to off him. She's worried they'll think he helped her escape and kill him.
- Dunking the Bomb: After one of the GLA's members tells them the bomb is already armed and ticking, Hannibal and B.A. run to the water and throw the bomb into it. They just barely get the bomb into the water before it goes off.
- Hypocritical Humor: Hannibal, who is seldom seen without a cigar, tells one of the terrorists that smoking is bad for his health before punching him and knocking him out.
- Neck Lift: When Face runs in to help Murdock, the GLA member grabs him and hoists him in the air by his collar.
- Post-Victory Collapse: B.A. beats a very strong opponent and then collapses when Face and Murdock give him congratulatory pats on the shoulder.
- Right Under Their Noses: Hannibal suggests going back toward the GLA headquarters as part of their plan to hide/save Marcus/retrieve the ransom. Face and Murdock protest, but Hannibal counters that the GLA will expect them to be fleeing on foot (the gas tank was punctured), not back in the place they just left.
- Running Gag: B.A. keeps running into the same, very strong member of the GLA throughout the episode.
- Shout-Out: Hannibal declares that the team stands for "truth, justice, and the American way."
- Stockholm Syndrome: Miss Teasdale demands the team go back to retrieve one of her kidnappers, Marcus. They initially think it's mental imbalance brought on by her captivity, but the show goes out of its way to disprove this. Marcus was her boyfriend before this started and was an Unwitting Pawn in the kidnapping scheme.
- Tempting Fate: The team keeps saying that the latest part of the scheme is going to be "a piece of cake"...and predictably, it just keeps getting more and more complicated.
- Would Hit a Girl: The gang are rescuing a kidnapped woman, Miss Teasdale, from the compound of a militia. She resists them because she's in love with one of her captors. Since they're in a shoot out, Hannibal just knocks her out (offscreen) before resuming the rescue.