After a narrow miss with Colonel Decker — courtesy of reporter Tawnia Baker — the A-Team find themselves embroiled in another plot when two armed men get into her apartment and haul her away. Tawnia is suspected of having uncovered a plot to assassinate an Arab oil sheik on one of his upcoming visits to town, and the men behind it have no intention of letting anything stop it from going through...but they failed to consider the A-Team.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- The Alleged Car: An aerial variant; the helicopter Face scams for Murdock to fly is clearly falling apart. One door is barely hanging in there; there are holes in the floor and its innards are badly functioning. With Murdock at the helm, they still make it, but it's clearly not something anyone could have done.
- Cassandra Truth: Neither Hannibal nor Murdock would believe Face telling them that he was thrown out a tenth-story window into a pool, until Tawnia eventually corroborated it.
- Commitment Issues: Face is trying to charm Tawnia (ostensibly to find out if she's an army plant), when she asks him what kind of relationship would be possible between a civilian and a wanted man. He gets nervous at the mention of the word, and Tawnia notes that Amy told her about his issues with commitment.
- Continuity Nod: Tawnia mentions knowing Amy Allen, the team's last reporter friend.
- Decoy Hiding Place: Colonel Decker is chasing the A-Team into a sporting goods store and loses them. Decker then sees a mannequin completely covered with winter gear and, well aware of how Hannibal Smith is a Master of Disguise, suspiciously walks around it. Meanwhile, the camera keeps on the mannequin as if to suggest it is Hannibal hiding in plain sight. Suddenly, Decker tackles it, only to learn that it is only a mannequin and the A-Team was really hiding in a nearby tent.
- Destination Defenestration: The two men who abduct Tawnia throw Face (who was giving them trouble) off the building. He's fine, thanks to landing in the pool, but the incident becomes a Running Gag for the rest of the episode.
- Eye Scream: In a fight with Tawnia's abductors, Face grabs a spray can off her sink and squirts it in one man's eyes.
- Not So Different: Mr. Carson tries to pull this on Hannibal, saying that they both provide what a person needs in return for money, and offers to give them employment in the future and more money than Tawnia is paying right now.
- Not So Similar: Hannibal collars Carson and growls that the two of them are nothing alike and that his money is no good.
- Smelly Skunk: Needing an excuse to get in and rescue Tawnia, the team releases a skunk in the building, and then turns up as pest control men. B.A. is unhappy about it, especially while it's still in his van, presumably because of this.
- You Said You Would Let Them Go: As the men throw Tawnia around, her coworker Ron Graham (who they forced/manipulated into gaining them entrance) protests that they said they wouldn't hurt her.