While returning from a job, the team crash in North Carolina. While there, they find themselves in a battle with the locals, who they catch in the middle of trying to kill a government official, a surveyor mapping out the area for the new highway. Now the team has to get the man medical assistance and stay one step ahead of the restless natives.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Actor Allusion: William McKinney is a Corrupt Hick about to do something awful to a man in the woods.
- Distinction Without a Difference: B.A. accuses Murdock of having crashed the plane. Murdock responds that he didn't crash it; he "relocated the aircraft with extreme prejudice because of a TOTAL LOSS OF THRUST AND LIFT FUNCTIONS!!!"
- Friendship Moment: B.A. makes sure to tell Murdock to be careful with the makeshift plane they cobbled together, as it's not as durable as what he's used to.Murdock [in an accent]: I didn't know you cared, sweetheart! [pulling him closer] Thanks, B.A.B.A. (smiling): Don't thank me. Just keep it off the trees.
- Life Saving Misfortune: A non-fatal variation. Near the beginning of the episode, the team crashes thanks to Murdock having stolen their plane off a repair lot. Some of them, especially B.A., are not at all happy about this. Then, near the end of the episode, the team narrowly escapes Col. Lynch and realizes that, had they not crashed, they would have been right on time to fall into his trap.Hannibal: I love it when a plan comes together.
- Never Say "Die": After they finish interrogating her about Face (who was posing as a priest), Louanne asks what the other natives are going to do. They respond that they're "going to help the reverend find God" as they march off armed with shotguns.
- Noodle Incident: One is mentioned; when Face starts complaining about what Murdock expects him to scrounge up for the plan, Murdock suggests he take it as a challenge, like the time he found a "'53 Cadillac convertible in the jungles of 'Nam." This is never elaborated on.
- Saw It in a Movie Once: Murdock comes up with a plan based on The Flight of the Phoenix.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: The team escapes from a difficult mission in Guatemala, only for their crappy plane to stall out and crash in the hills of South Carolina. B.A, naturally, was knocked out for this and when he comes to the plane is out of sight and he's told that they had to escape on foot after he was knocked out by a concussion grenade. He insists that they're lying, and that the place they're in doesn't look anything like Guatemala. Murdock quickly chimes in with "Well, it's not South Carolina!"
- Would Hit a Girl: One of the bad locals slaps Louanne, the girl from whom Face scammed materials, as he interrogates her about it.