BEST LAID PLANS The red sun derails Clarke's plans.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Despite working for the Disciples Bellamy's death is still rather emotional since it's clear that he still cares about his friends and he is desperately trying to convince Clarke that Cadogen's way is the best one for humanity. Clarke herself doesn't want to hurt Bellamy and breaks down into tears after being forced to do it.
- All for Nothing: Clarke kills Bellamy to prevent him from showing Madi's sketchbook to Cadogen and putting her life in danger. However she runs out of bullets before she can kill the last of the Disciples and is forced to leave the sketchbook behind.
- Anyone Can Die: Bellamy Blake, the secondary main character and male lead, is killed by Clarke to prevent him from putting her daughter Madi in danger.
- Character Death: Bellamy is shot and killed by Clarke after he refuses to hand over Madi's sketchbook.
- Cooldown Hug: Clarke, Murphy and Emori all give Raven a Group Hug after her confrontation with Nikki.
- The Corrupter: Gabriel's hallucination of Josephine tries to convince him to repair the Flame and use it to enter in the final code in order to uplift humanity. He almost goes through with it but at the last second he shoots the Flame to prevent anyone from getting the code.
- Cruel Mercy: After seeing how much Hatch's death has affected Raven, Nikki decides to let her live with what she's done.
- Don't Make Me Destroy You: Clarke begs Bellamy not to make her kill him when he finds Madi's sketchbook and intends to give it to Cadogen. Bellamy clearly doesn't want that either but he believes that Cadogen's way is the only one that can save humanity and tries to hand it over to another Disciple. In the end Clarke shoots him.
- Kill the Ones You Love: In order to keep Madi save from the Disciples Clarke is forced to kill her best friend Bellamy when he makes it clear he wont back down from giving her sketchbook to Cadogen.
- No MacGuffin, No Winner: Gabriel destroys the Flame to prevent Cadogen, or anyone else, from getting their hands on the code.
- Not So Different: Cadogen tells Bellamy that they are a lot alike since, unlike the rest of the Disciples who were born into their lifestyles, they both had to choose to give up familiar ties for the greater good of humanity.
- Wham Episode: Clarke is forced to kill Bellamy to prevent him from telling Cadogen about Madi.
- You Remind Me of X: Cadogen tells Bellamy that he reminds him of a younger version of himself since they both decided to sacrifice familiar bonds for the sake of all mankind.