A special "Naming Day" changes everything in Sanctum; Gabriel meets an old friend.
This episode contains examples of:
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: With their God Guise falling apart, the Primes' backup plan is to seize control of the Eligus mothership, using Raven, Madi, and Gaia as hostages, and wait out the carnage.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Clarke slaps Gabriel, in the guise of Josephine getting angry at her former love, in order to let out some of her grief at suddenly finding out Abby was wiped.
- Call-Back: Abby and Jackson discuss how they don't have a choice about taking Madi's bone marrow, and Jackson brings up how Abby condemned it when he used a similar line of reasoning back in The Gospel of Josephine, as being used by war criminals . She admits it was uncalled for.
- Character Death: Abby, having injecting herself with nightblood to spare Madi, is wiped by Russell, to be used as Simone's new host.
- Dressing as the Enemy: Having already stolen a Sanctum guard uniform, Gaia discreetly follows Clarke back to the Primes, hoping to free Madi. Unfortunately, Russell recognizes her, though Clarke saves her by claiming they need her as a hostage against Indra.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: In order to force Priya to bring down the shield, Clarke threatens to smash the mind drive of her son Rykker right in front of her.
- Evil Costume Switch: "Josephine" changes into an intimidating black uniform, now that there's no need to pretend to be Clarke. Of course, the irony is that she only gets it when the real Josephine has been purged and it's really Clarke posing as her.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Clarke reveals her deception to most of the cast from Earth, but is unable to tell Madi, due to the problem of Sheidheda.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Gabriel breaks into Sanctum early and lets himself be captured, aiming to sound the alarm before the new hosts can be wiped, only to find out that they've already been taken. Instead, the oddity of his capture clues Russell in that the alarm is faked and calms the crowd before they can panic too much.
- Out-of-Character Alert: "Josephine" tells Priya that Rykker couldn't wipe Echo, due to losing his nerve. Echo, Gaia, and Miller, hiding nearby, know full well that he's actually dead at Echo's hands, and since there's no reason for Josephine to hide this, it must be Clarke talking. Though, Clarke didn't know they were there, having been planning on blackmailing Priya, but the reunion simplifies things.
- So Proud of You: Clarke expresses this towards Murphy, after he and Emori give up their shot at immortality to help their friends. This also clues them in that Clarke is back to normal.
- Sanity Slippage: Madi has almost fully given in to Sheidheda's influence, ranting about burning the Primes, referring to herself as "we", and at one point Sheidheda directly speaks through her. Clarke is clearly heartbroken by this, but can't say or do anything about it without blowing her cover.
- Title Drop: The "Adjustment Protocol", alluded to in previous episodes, is finally enacted; when the population of Sanctum turns against the Primes, weaponized psychosis toxin is released into the crowd, and they start to tear each other apart.