Back to Recap Page.
Season 3, episode 12
Clarke's group find Arkadia abandoned, and they retrieve Lincoln's journal, which contains a map leading to Luna's location. A mysterious masked Grounder attacks Miller, Harper and Bryan before they can reach Arkadia, and then targets Clarke's group before Clarke unmasks him, revealing him to be Emerson. He captures Octavia, Jasper, Monty and Raven, kills Sinclair, and forces Bellamy to surrender by threatening Octavia. Forcing Clarke to watch, Emerson tries to suffocate the rest of the group in the air lock, but Clarke activates the Flame, which kills Emerson as he is not a Nightblood, and saves her friends. Bellamy recovers Lincoln's body, which is cremated along with Sinclair's, after which Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia and Jasper embark on a journey to the coast to find Luna, while the others remain in Arkadia so Raven and Monty can use the mainframe to hack ALIE. Meanwhile, Emori arrives in Polis and reunites with Murphy, who updates her on the situation with Ontari. Jaha arrives shortly after with knowledge of Ontari's deception, revealing that Emori is under ALIE's control. Ontari has Murphy arrested, and Jaha convinces her to take a chip, promising she will become 'all-powerful'. With Ontari in her thrall, A.L.I.E now has mastery of both the Sky People and the Grounders.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Emori is revealed to have taken the chip and Jaha convinces Ontari to take it.
- Character Death: Sinclair is killed by Emerson.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Flame by learning the password to activate it and the knowledge that it kills any host who's not a nightblood, Clarke uses it to kill Emerson.
- Love-Interest Traitor: Emori under A.L.I.E's control betrays Murphy and makes Ontari think that Murphy has betrayed her getting him thrown in to a cell.
- Revenge Before Reason: If Emerson just killed Clarke instead of forcing her to watch her friends die he would have lived.
- Viking Funeral: Given To Sinclair and Lincoln.
- Wham Shot: A.L.I.E sitting on the commander's throne.