The Turtles, alongside Splinter, made their way to the Shredder's spaceship to finish the final battle between them once and for all.
This episode provides examples of
- Adult Fear: Splinter has to bear witness to his sons being mutilated by ChRell, and then they outright ask that they be allowed to kill themselves if it means stopping the Shredder.
- The Bad Guy Wins: An interesting case. The Turtles and Splinter are beaten pretty badly. Their only option is to blow up Shredder's Starship and everyone on board including themselves. At the last second, the Utroms arrive and save everyone with the Utrom Shredder being exiled on an icy asteroid never to be seen or heard again until Turtles Forever.
- Bittersweet Ending: The turtles and Splinter are beaten rather badly and perform a Heroic Sacrifice, but they're saved at the last second and the Utroms sentence the Utrom Shredder to exile on an icy asteroid where he remains for the rest of the series until Turtles Forever.
- Deus ex Machina: The Turtles have no choice but to blow up the Shredder's ship and go with it...and just as the explosion is starting, the Utroms appear and save everyone. Notably, the heroes, especially Leonardo, are aware of how close they came to dying and how contrived their salvation is. Honeycutt mentioned early in the episode that he had sent numerous distress signals to the Utroms during the crisis, but had received no response in return.
- Family-Unfriendly Violence: ChRell holds nothing back in his fight with the Turtles. He electrocutes Splinter so badly that most of his fur burns, kicks Mikeys leg out of place, delivers a serious chop to Donnies neck, and nearly breaks Raphs back. He also kicks Leo into Karais sword, impaling him and causing permanent damage to his shell.
- Final Battle: Until the series finale, this is the final fight between the Turtles and ChRell.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The Turtles and Master Splinter fully intend to blow up the Shredder's starship, even though they're on it and have no way out...
- Human Popsicle: Ch'rell, the Utrom Shredder, was banished to the ice asteroid belt of Mor Gal Tal after being found guilty by the Utrom council.
- Narrator: Shredder's final time.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: The Shredder, and Karai, inflict this on the Turtles and Master Splinter on board the starship.
- Shout-Out: Baxter Stockman's automated response he's programmed into the Shredder's computer system is a clear nod to Jurassic Park.
- Taking You with Me: The Turtles and Master Splinter attempt to destroy the Shredder's starship, while they're still on it. They reason it is the only way to stop the Shredder from causing untold destruction in the galaxy. They would have succeeded, too, if it wasn't for the timely intervention of the Utroms.
- Tonight, Someone Dies: The promo promised that "one of these characters will never be seen again". However, several years later, Ch'Rell would be brought back for Turtles Forever; evidently plans changed.
- Wham Episode: The Utrom Shredder is finally defeated and banished to the far reaches of space. Leonardo is left with lasting emotional wounds; Stockman leaves the Foot to join Bishop; and Karai is left to take over the Foot.