Back to Recap Page.
Scott and friends are recovering from the events of Lunar Ellipse. The effects of Scott, Allison, and Stiles's temporary deaths come back to haunt them in the form of hallucinations, nightmares, and Scott losing control of his werewolf powers.
Tropes applying to this Episode:
- Abandoned Hospital: Allison dreams she steps from the elevator of her apartment into an empty, torn up hospital floor, like something out of a zombie or J-Horror film.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Mr. Yukimura introducing himself and Kira by pointing her out in class and noting the fact that she hasn't made any friends yet.
- Bound and Gagged: Derek and Peter by the group of Mexican werewolf hunters.
- Call-Back: To the beginning of the series, only its Scott telling Stiles that they're going to find a dead body in the woods.
- Catapult Nightmare: The first time Stiles wakes up from his dream (within a dream... uh, within another dream.)
- Continuity Nod: Allison being Scott's connection to his humanity back in season one becomes a problem now that he's trying to regain control when he and Allison are broken up.
- Dream Within a Dream: What's happening to Scott, Stiles and Allison as a result of sacrificing themselves to the Nemeton. The big problem is where the dream ends and reality begins.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Scott very calmly throwing Isaac at the wall when he mentions his attraction to Allison.
- Hearing Voices: Allison hears Kate Argent creepily whispering while in the forest.
- Heroic RRoD: Allison can't seem to shoot straight as a result of her nightmares.
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia": A variation. One symptom of being in a dream is that words don't appear normally, which is what is happening to Stiles despite being awake.
- Light-Flicker Teleportation: The flicker of killer Allison with ring daggers in the elevator.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Allison used to be this Scott to keep his powers from going out of control, but since they aren't together anymore this and the dream problem are wrecking Scott's emotional stability. Melissa tells Scott to be his own anchor for the time being.
- Mind Screw: In universe. Scott, Allison and Stiles get increasingly confused as to what's real and what's a dream.
- New Transfer Student: Kira.
- Or Was It a Dream?: What the Teen Wolf gang are trying to figure out.
- Pinch Me: One way Stiles can tell if he's in a dream is having extra fingers.
- Recursive Reality
- Running Gag: Scott throwing Isaac against walls. And Melissa yelling at them about it.
- Second Love: Melissa assured Scott he will find one now that Allison is with Isaac.
- The Shadow Knows: Scott is constantly seeing his shadows as a giant wolf beast.
- She Who Fights Monsters: Following on themes from episodes like "Party Guessed", Allison still fears of becoming a remorseless killer. This is shown through the physical manifestation of Kate Argent appearing to Allison in her dreams.
- Stop Motion Lighting: When Kate crawls from the endless drawer in the morgue, the lighting flickers on and off as she's screaming and crawling towards Allison.
- Super-Power Meltdown: Scott gradually losing control of his transformations.
- That One Case: The unsolved case involving Malia Tate and her mom and sister being eaten by coyotes is Sheriff Stilinski's.
- You Can See That, Right?: Scott asks this when he sees the werecoyote's eyes glowing in the dark.