While updating the technology in Titans Tower, Cyborg gets transported five thousand years into the past. There he comes to the rescue of Sarasim and her warrior tribe, which is under attack from gruesome invaders. Unbeknown to the others, Krall—a member of Sarasim's tribe—has awoken a witch of great power to aid him in his ambitions to become a legendary hero. She is the one responsible for both the invaders and Cyborg's sudden appearance. In the absence of any means of recharging or repairing himself, however, Cyborg's continued defense of Sarasim and her people begins to take its toll. Cyborg stakes everything on one final battle between the forces of Sarasim and Krall, but the Titans rescue him before the outcome is decided. A despondent Cyborg worries about Sarasim's fate until Raven presents him with a book containing the history of Sarasim's tribe, including their victory over Krall.
- Action Girl: Sarasim.
- Butterfly of Doom: Referenced by Cyborg, see the page quote.
- Compressed Hair: Sarasim hides long hair under her helmet.
- Deal with the Devil: Krall's bargain with the witch.
- Drama-Preserving Handicap: At full strength, Cyborg may very well have defeated Krall even in his monster form. However, since he's trapped in the past with no way to recharge or repair himself and is already damaged and extremely low on power to the point he can't even use his sonic cannon, he's easily defeated.
- Eternal English: Cyborg and Sarasim have no trouble understanding one another.
- Evil Is Petty: Once Krall is turned into a monster and gains the upper hand against Cyborg, the Witch points out that the portal back to the present time is still open. Krall refuses and fully intends to kill Cyborg as payback for upstaging him at every battle.
- Giving Radio to the Romans: More like the "Romans" in this case managed to figure the "radio" part out for themselves to assist Cyborg with recharging his systems — though their version fares no better than Cy's earlier attempt to recharge did.
- The Greatest Story Never Told: Exactly how the battle concluded after Cyborg was pulled back to his own time can only be guessed at, but Sarasim was clearly victorious.
- Historical Badass Upgrade: In-universe. In the painting depicting the village's victory over Krall, Cyborg is shown shirtless and cybernetics-free. In the actual battle, he was wearing full armor.Raven: Interesting. You're the only one without armor.
Cyborg: Yeah. Didn't need it.
- Jackass Genie: Zigzagged with the Krall's hag-like ally. She's a complete jackass to him, granting wishes in ways that are as unpleasant to him as possible, but actually quite generous to Cyborg, offering him a portal to his own time for no condition whatsoever. Unfortunately, Krall has other ideas.
- Literal Genie: Krall demands more power from the witch only to be made into a monster.
- Made of Explodium: Cy's first attempt at making a generator to restore his depleted energy almost immediately and inexplicably explodes as soon as he starts using it, despite the fact that he only used Bronze Age technology and his own cybernetic equipment to build it. Later, the generator that Sarasim's people manage to build to help Cy recharge also inexplicably explodes, though it does manage to give Cyborg a little more juice before the final battle.
- Mythology Gag: "Sarasim" is a homophone of "Sarah Sims", who was Cyborg's love interest in the comics.
- Nubile Savage: Sarasim, again.
- Outside-Context Problem: Invoked when the witch pulls Cyborg from five thousand years in the future to deal with the invaders.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Likely the witch's intent while dealing with Krall.
- Power at a Price: Invoked.Witch: With every wish comes a price.
- Samus Is a Girl: Sarasim.
- Ship Tease: Cyborg and Sarasim. Too bad we never see her again.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Both Cyborg's and Serasim's attempts to build a generator that can recharge Cy end up exploding after a few moments of use.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: If Krall can't be a hero, then he'll be Sarasim's destroyer.Krall: (to Sarasim) I may have failed you as a hero, but I will triumph as your conqueror!