After defeating Johnny Rancid, the Titans return to the Tower only to find it half destroyed. It turns out Beast Boy has taken one of Killer Moth's silkworms as a pet and has named him "Silkie." To stop Silkie from being discovered, Beast Boy gives Silkie to Starfire who immediately falls in love with the adorable critter. When she feeds him with alien food from her home planet Tamaran, however, he grows dramatically in size and it becomes impossible to hide him in the tower any longer. When the jig is up, Robin makes her part ways with Silkie—which allows Killer Moth to retrieve his long-lost larva and turn it into the savage insect he engineered it to be.
- Adoring the Pests: Both Beast Boy and Starfire fall in love with the mutant moth maggot Silkie. Beast Boy adopted him after the events of "Date With Destiny" and Starfire refers to him as her bumgorf and herself as his k'norfka.
- And Your Little Dog, Too!: Played for Laughs when Raven refers to Johnny Rancid's enormous robot dog with the Stock Phrase.
- Bad Liar: Starfire."Your earthly ways are strange. Please, what is this so-fa of which you speak?"
- Breather Episode
- Call-Back: Beast Boy recaps to Starfire the events of "Date With Destiny" and reveals he kept a larvae.
- Circling Birdies: Cyborg gets a nuts & bolts version after a particularly hard fall.
- Disney Dog Fight: Killer Moth and Starfire make Silkie/M-319 choose between them.
- Eating Solves Everything: Silkie expelling the alien berries Starfire fed him causes pink sludge to cover the city. Of course, both Silkie and Starfire find the sludge delicious, so it's likely that they are the ones who end up cleaning it up with their appetite.
- Furry Reminder: Starfire licks Silkie like a cat. According to the comics, Tamaraneans are feline as they're dewcended from a cat-like race.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Killer Moth tries and fails to invoke this with Silkie in order to get him to choose between him and Starfire. And follows it up with a hilarious Shout-Out:Join me, and together we can... go out and have a picnic or something?
- Russian Reversal: Played as a Visual Pun. Johnny Rancid starts to say that his robot dog is kicking Robin's ass. Beast Boy cuts him off by transforming into a jackass and kicking Johnny.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Cyborg upon discovering Giant Silkie.
- Shoo the Dog: Starfire abandons Silkie on a barren rock island because his appetite has made him too dangerous to keep.