The Titans are playing a Dungeons & Dragons ripoff when they suddenly get sucked into the game, becoming their Player Characters. Their only hope of escape is to complete a quest (given to them by Robin while he was still the Dungeon Master) to collect a totally ordinary key.
This episode contains examples of the following Tropes:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The Titans go into a tavern basement to kill rats, but there's an entire underworld down there as well as a dragon's lair.
- Call-Back: The game characters the Titans create have a design similar to the ones in Raven's story from "Campfire Stories".
- The Farmer and the Viper: The Titans finally get to ride the dragon at the end...and then the dragon fries them.
- Min-Maxing: Robin decks out his character with sweet gear, and he is also implied to have optimized his character's stats.
- Rules Lawyer: Robin as the dungeon master is this, insisting that everyone play the game properly with dice.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: Robin continually stamps out the other Titans' fun and insists they follow the rules of the game.
- Trapped in TV Land: The Titans are pulled into the game and become their characters.