In this episode the cabbies find Jim wandering at Mario's and try to help him to land a job at the garage, leading to the famous "What does a yellow light mean?" sketch.
Tropes present in this episode
- Are You Sure You Can Drive This Thing?: Louie doubts that Jim can drive a cab.
- Car Meets House: At the end of the episode, Jim takes Alex as a passenger for his first trip, but Iggy had the silly thing in reverse and crashed the cab against the wall.
- Continuity Nod: Jim only remembers the time he officiated Latka's wedding when Latka himself begins to speak in his native language.
- Fake Guest Star
- Forgotten First Meeting
- Had the Silly Thing in Reverse
- Intoxication Ensues: While at the garage, Jim puts something in Louie's coffeeAlex: Hey, hey, hey, I saw that! What did you put in his coffee?Jim: Well... it's either a tranquilizer or a Chiclet.(In the middle of giving out cab assignments, Louie falls asleep, snoring loudly.)Alex: I think we can rule out a Chiclet.
- Noodle Incident: The episode begins with the gang celebrating Tony's victory at a fight he won after his opponent knocked himself out.
- Overly Long Gag: "What does a yellow light mean?"
- What's a Henway?
- Who's on First?
- Woodstock: Lucky for them Jim came there, otherwise there would have been 499,999 attendants instead.
- Wrong Train at Brooklyn: Latka took a train to see Tony's fight, but he ended up in Harlem. Fortunately, he didn't get the usual answer when he said he was looking for a fight.