Max, Pascal, Ruddiger, and Hamuel have to work together to save Rapunzel, Kiera, Catalina, and Varian, who have been trapped inside a magic shell.
Tropes in this episode:
- The Atoner: Kiera and Catalina are trying to return all the things they stole to make amends for their thieving past.
- Call-Back: Pascal (unintelligibly) gives the same directions to Ruddiger that Hook Hand gave to Eugene in the original movie, complete with Ruddiger/Eugene's confused reaction to "Knees apart," just before Maximus/Vladimir jumps and catapults them with a perfect flip to the vulture's nest/Maximus's back.
- Curse Escape Clause: The only way to escape from the shell is to return it to the sea.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Pascal, Maximus, Ruddiger and Hamuel, as the title says.
- Harmless Villain: Dwayne, an incredibly stupid robber who is chiefly an inconvenience out of obliviousness to the situation.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: The magic shell shrinks Rapunzel, Kiera, Catalina, and Varian down and drags them inside itself. Anything that leaves the shell instantly returns to normal size, so their fingers end up blocking the passage before they can climb out.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: After being trapped in the shell:Kiera: What did I ever do to deserve this?
Varian: Didn't you steal from dozens of people?
Kiera: Oh, right. We're doomed.
- Running Gag:
- Hamuel is once again stuck in a boot.
- Every time Rapunzel and the others speak about the good traits of the animals, Kiera points out they don't mention Hamuel.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: Max and Ruddiger try to catch Dwayne with a trip-vine with them on opposite sides of the river. Unfortunately, Ruddiger isn't of sufficient weight to exert enough force to hold the vine.