- "Thank god, I haven't eaten in WEEKS!"
Title: Irish People Try NEW American Candy
Published: May 09, 2018
- Davey Reilly (@DAVEYREILLY)
- Lolsy Byrne (@LOLSYBYRNE)
- Nicole O'Connor (@NICOLEOCONOR)
- Patrick Murphy (@PADDYJMURPHY)
- Colin Regan (@COLINFILM)
- Niamh Tumbleton (@NIAMHTUMBLES)
- Skittles; Sweet Heat
- M&M's; White Chocolate
- Combos; Buffalo Blue Cheese Pretzel
- Pop-Tarts; Hot Fudge Sundae
- JOLT Cola
- Anti-Climax: A pop tart is broken apart, to show off the 'steam'... heating them first would help.
- Blatant Lies: "I haven't eaten in weeks!"
- Bring It: Involving a burp(!)— Davey then says "Your move.""That was beautiful!"
- Early Installment Weirdness: Many of the later videos would have 4 rounds of flavors to try; this one has 5.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Hmm, it's a White Chocolate M&M?
- Does Not Like Spam: Lolsy doesn't like chocolate, but is at least willing to try it.
- Just for Pun: Putting "Try" into the 'please subscribe' requests at the end of the video (eg. "Please like and sub-TRY-bed".)
- Large Ham: In reading the tagline on the JOLT can.
- Mystery Meat: As Paddy pointed out for one, usually he'd expect a twist on something Ireland already has, but... what are Combos? (The fact that several TRY'ers compare them visually to "doggie treats" ...)
- Starving Artist: Indirectly referenced; this is one of the first videos, and one of the first food videos, so naturally someone says "I haven't eaten in weeks."