Written by: Davy Perez
Directed by: Phil Sgriccia
Air date: January 24, 2019
Dean takes off, telling Sam that he intends to spend some one-on-one time with their mother Mary. They won't be alone, though, as Nick has learned that Mary has a connection to the demon that killed his family.
- Big Damn Heroes: Abraxas tells Nick that he'll tell all about the killing if Nick kills Mary. Nick looks about to do it, when the brothers and Donna show up and one of them distracts him with a shot.
- Big Eater: Dean even more than usual. He eats a giant loaded burger with Donna and then asks Mary to fix the "Winchester surprise." The latter is a ruse to get her out of the cabin so he can start building the Ma'lak box.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Dean's plan to lock himself and Michael in the Ma'lak box is discussed in terms similar to real life euthanasia/assisted suicide.
- Double-Meaning Title: "Damaged Goods" likely refers to both Nick and Dean.
- Dramatic Irony: Donna pulling Nick over. He doesn't know that she's a hunter or that she knows Sam and Dean, although she does refer to Mary Winchester as a friend. She knows he has a record, but not that he's served as the vessel for Lucifer.
- The Dreaded: The Winchesters as a whole have become this to the demons. Nick tells Mary that he could find her because she is being monitored 24/7 by the demons, so if she moves somewhere, the demons have time to vacate the premises.
- Eye Scream: After Abraxas's old partner tells Nick where to find the hunter who finished him, Nick puts a demon blade through her eye.
- Has a Type: Dean says this of Donna, noticing that the pinup boys she has on the wall all have mustaches like her old boyfriend Doug.
- Innocent Bystander: The security guard Nick kidnaps as a host for Abraxas. He doesn't make it.
- Lethal Chef: Dean uses the fact that both he and his mom are terrible cooks so Mary can buy takeout food, giving him time to work on the Mal'ak box.
- Meaningful Name: Mal'ak is Hebrew for angel. Mal'ak Box literally means Angel Box.
- Mundane Solution: When Mary can't remember/won't tell the incantation for opening the box Abraxas is in, Nick lets the demon out by boring a hole in the top with a power drill.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Mary trapping Abraxas inside a box. She does admit that she did it because he was getting the upper hand over her, but that's still something.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Sam gives one to Nick at the end, telling him he doesn't care about Nick now, just the people he's hurt.
- Sealed Evil in a Can:
- Abraxas was sealed inside an Enochian puzzle box.
- Dean's plan for when Michael eventually overwhelms him is to have them locked in the Ma'lak box and have it dumped in the ocean.
- Written-In Absence: Bobby has some stuff to deal with, so he's not currently staying in Donna's cabin.